iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BGE

Started by Norm, June 14, 2009, 09:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

A first for me is trying pork butt on my egg. Got two 8#'s from the store, one for me and one for the neighbor (my son Joel and family).

It is real humid and foggy this morning. I got up early so I could let them  slow cook for 12 hours.

I've been doing most of my cooking on the egg lately. When I first got it I was intimidated to use it but slowly I've gotten better. Now I cook almost all of our evening meals with it, weather permitting.

Anybody else doing some bbq?

Jeff

Them is goona be good!

I aint got an egg, but I scrapped together a new spot for our gas grill.  Had to kick the decommissioned bio-mizer aside to put it in, but we've been spending a lot of time out there. :)  Made mostly of various left over blocks from previous projects and $28 worth of 6a stone.

I'll be cooking out there today. I just don't know what yet since I've been batching it all weekend and didn't thaw anything out. :-\

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Reddog

Thanks Norm,
Now my mouth is watering. :D

We spent 6 days in Colorado offroading on the dirt bikes. Everything was cooked on the WeberQ.
When I was at Burlkraft's this spring I was eying his BGE. Looks like a nice outdoor oven and grill.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Norm on June 14, 2009, 09:35:46 AM
A first for me is trying pork butt on my egg. Got two 8#'s from the store, one for me and one for the neighbor (my son Joel and family).

It is real humid and foggy this morning. I got up early so I could let them  slow cook for 12 hours.

I've been doing most of my cooking on the egg lately. When I first got it I was intimidated to use it but slowly I've gotten better. Now I cook almost all of our evening meals with it, weather permitting.

Anybody else doing some bbq?

Just about everyday!

I think steaks on a BGE are the best!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Norm

What a beautiful spot Jeff.  :)

I wish we had shade trees too. I've put in sugar maples but most likely the next owner will have to enjoy them. :D

LeeB

Grilled some pork chops last night. Had the left overs for breakfast this morning.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Raider Bill

Just getting ready to take the ribs out of the smoker ;D

Been munching on bacon wrapped sahrimp and scollops the last hour.

WH_Conley

You poor thing, go ahead and tell us how bad it is. :'(
Bill

Raider Bill

BAd.... real bad 8)

Jeff

I'm afraid those butt roasts didnt wait for a photo op. I've been looking in for the finished product since yesterday afternoon. ;)

Norm

Oppps....sorry guys.

I could take a picture of my very rotund belly. :D

Patty

The roasts were delicious. Norm baked homemade buns for them and then made a side dish of fresh coleslaw. I guess we could show you the leftover slaw... :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Raider Bill

Home made buns!  Wow Norm! 8)

Do you put slaw on BBQ sandwiches?

Where those home raised roasts?

Norm

We did try the slaw on the bbq sandwhiches which was another first for us, very tasty.

Unfortunately these were just cuts from the local butcher. You would think in the land of pork it'd be easy to get home raised meat but I don't know of any locals that do so.

I'd love to find someone that raises the old style of piggers. The ones now are breed for long loins with very little fat. The down  side is that it isn't very flavorful.

Norm

I have found the ultimate way to make pizza without heating up the kitchen in the summer.

5 minutes and it's done.

Don K

Looks mighty tasty Norm.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Jeff

I tried to make a pizza on Tammy's pizza stone in our gas grill and the stone broke. :-\

LeeB

Did you fess up or hide the evidence?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

Well, she was standing next to me in anticipation when I went to take the Pizza out.

Raider Bill

Jeff,
What were you using for a stone?

Deny deny deny, blame it on the dog

Jeff

One of those pampered chef Pizza stones.  They work real well inside in the oven.

Raider Bill

Just wondering......

I need to get something to use here in Florida. I took the other one to Tenn. I got it from a gravestone maker who had put the wrong date on it. It's 2 inches thick and made from Texas red granite. Works great but takes a long time to heat up to temp.

LeeB

That be a Capital T in Texas please. Actually that granite is mined just about 50 miles outside of Austin, the capital.

Raider Bill

Sorry must have slipped.............. I fixed it :-[

Norm

I use a raised grill with a pizza stone that I bought from amazon. Before I'd do them in the stove but man what a difference it makes using the BGE. They are a pricey cooker but there's some things that I cook in it that you cannot do as well any other way.

I've got some pork loins that I'm curing in the frig to make canadian bacon with. You cure it 6 days and then smoke it at a low temp. I'll post some pics this weekend after I get it done.

Thank You Sponsors!