iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting Blurb

Started by Fla._Deadheader, August 29, 2003, 04:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Got this off the Internet a couple of minutes ago. Gasoline referrel article.

Rising results
The steep prices will pump up earnings for companies like Exxon Mobil (XOM, news, msgs) and Marathon Oil (MRO, news, msgs). The stocks of both already have done well this year, with Marathon's up about 34% and Exxon Mobil's up about 10%.

"We ought to see very strong earnings from the integrated oil companies and the refiners in the third quarter," says David Wheeler, an analyst with J.P. Morgan. For instance, Marathon's earnings per share in the period are expected to jump about 56%, figures compiled by Thomson First Call show.

But companies that focus on refining gasoline are enjoying the biggest bump in profit margins. Valero Energy (VLO, news, msgs), Premcor (PCO, news, msgs), Tesoro Petroleum (TSO, news, msgs) and Sunoco (SUN, news, msgs) top that list. In one example, analysts expect that Valero's third-quarter earnings per share will more than quadruple.

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woodhaven

FD
 I be glade when you get well. I think you have way to much time on your hands.
Richard

Jason_WI

FD,

If you really want to make yourself sick look at the profit margins of insurance companies, especially health insurance and HMO's.

You ever see a insurance building that is not up kept or isn't adding on or is the snazziest building on the block......

If that doesn't do it then look at CEO salaries and bonuses for those companies.....

I'm just a peon where I work. We had a 5% salary reduction for the last 2 years with no raise in sight. Execuative managment had a 10% reduction. Problem is all of managment got the stock options to make up for the 10% loss while us peon's got nuttin..........

Have a crappy day......

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

shopteacher

Bring back the Stanley steamer and burn slabs and sawdust for fuel. ::)
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Frank_Pender

I almost went to an auction the other day to see about buying one that was going on the block from asprivat collection.  ZI am happy I did not go.  I probably would have been much lighter in the pockets.  It went for $17,000.   :'(
I need a log loader first. ;D
Frank Pender

Don P

I think the speed record on one of the old Stanley's was around 190 mph. My wife had to pull me out from under one at Warp's museum in Nebraska.
Goin to day 2 of the next door neighbor's auction today, yesterday was the stuff, today the land. The stuff went back through 2 fordsons, hit and miss, to a open wagon complete with bows for the top and on and on, they never threw out anything. I knew I was in the wrong crowd when they bid over $100 bucks for old license plates, shoot I can get new ones for turdy bucks. The land has never been sold before, the last signature on it was from a king...if its like yestidday I'll get spit out real quick  :D.

shopteacher

Can you imagine what the builder would have thought if he had sold his for 17,000. 8) 8) 8) He would really been dancing an Irish jig. 8) 8) 8)
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Thank You Sponsors!