iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mark M.& Arkansawyer

Started by Gus, August 29, 2003, 11:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus

Mark, My Dad lives in Bismark along with most of my sisters.

I live NE of Watertown SD. in the Summit Hills. Its a stretch of hills that runs NW from just south of Lake Traverse up through Aberdeen. There is some timber here in the draws and what not. Not unlike the Missouri River bottoms.About the same stuff too. Lots of cottonwood some elm amd ash and a curious breed of white oak I'm not familiar with. Never looked into it but could be pin oak or burr oak but can get quite large actually.
Most of my logging days were spent in the north of Minnesota cutting pine and poplar pulp wood. Did the odd oak sawlog job now and again.

Arkansawyer,
Is that corn I keep seein'  `round here. Its amazing what sawdust does to a mans thinking :-/

Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Bro. Noble

Welcome Gus,

Jeeze,  you don't know what you're gettin into when you tell Mark you came from N.Minneysodey.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Gus

Noble,
I'm not from N Minnesota. I'm From SD but ended up there for a number of years cutting and selling pulp. So maybe he can forgive me ::)
Gus

dail_h

Gus,
   Now ya gone and done it,We know ya didn't mean to.Just about the time we get Arkansawer in line,and behaving hisself,somebody goes and calls him Misteragain.Welcomeand good luck.Hope your not planning to do a lot of sawing,that Mark done sawed bout all the trees in N D
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Mark M

Hey Gus whereabouts in Minnesota were you? I still have a place up near Int'l Falls that we will be selling the end of the month. I spent half my life up there, and worked at the sawmill in Bigfalls for a summer back in 73. Went to college in Bemidji and gradumatated in 92 (I was a late bloomer).

Mark

AndyB

Mark:

Speaking of late bloomers, I was the only kid in the 4th grade that had to shave every day.  Wasn't that I was stupid,  my father was in the 5th and I didn't want to embarass him  :D :D

Gus

Mark,
All. . . or most of my logging was done in Cass, Morrison and Wadena counties. I actually lived in the Falls for 2 years after I sold out. We moved from there in 1998.Small world!
Gus ;)

Percy

QuoteMark:

Speaking of late bloomers, I was the only kid in the 4th grade that had to shave every day.  Wasn't that I was stupid,  my father was in the 5th and I didn't want to embarass him  :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

ARKANSAWYER

Here in these hills we have quite a use for all that corn you's raise.  It is a waste to feed it all to them hogs.  You know that hogs will eat mash and have quite a grin on thems face. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
  For a dry county we shur have a bunch of drunks around here.
ARKANSAWYER

Mark M

When I was in high school I knew of several seniors who were over 21. Probably were smart enough to realize it was easier going to school than working in the woods :D

Thank You Sponsors!