iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Mill

Started by firefighter, June 09, 2009, 10:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter

Only four days to go then will have my new Peterson Sawmill it has been a long wait but it has been worth it ,I will pick it up in Ft Francis Ontario Canada  on Saturday 13 of June .The mill is a WPF model .Peterson has been a great company to deal with . They will give me some traning while there .Will post some pictures later.

moosehunter

Your first mill?

Good luck with it. You'll have fun!

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

firefighter

Yes it is my first mill and am very excited about the purchase

ErikC

I have one of those. Not sorry I bought it either. ;D I waited expectantly for quite a while too, then the day I brought it home it was too late to open the crates! Have fun with it.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

DanG

Congrats on your purchase, Firefighter!  That WPF is a fine mill, and I don't blame you for being excited.  Is it the 8" or 10" model?

Oh yeah, you can drop the membership at the gym.  You won't be needing that anymore. ;) ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

thecfarm

Only 3 days now.  ;D  Congrats on your new mill. What's the plan for all the lumber? Do you have your own trees?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Meadows Miller

Gday

Firefighter Congrats on the new mill you made a top choice and welcome to the forum Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Also What Dang asked ;)  ;D what size n power + options mate  ;)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

firefighter

.The mill is an 8inch ,27 hp Kohler motor  ,with electricwinch ,high lowtrack upgrade,with a tachometer and hour meter and two spare blades plus two sets ez dogs ,will lookat other options later .Idonot have abush lot but will look in to it later. I might just buy some logs and see how it goes .Thanks for the intrest and willpost some pictures from the log expo in Ft Francis and off doing some tranning with the guys from Peterson.

firefighter

Picked up the new mill this weekend at the log xxpo in FtFrancis Ontario it was a long drive to get it but in the end a very enjoyable trip except for the eleven moose that were lirking in the ditches ,you dont know if they are going to stay there or take a run at you . Chris and Lee were a the expo and gave us a bunh of tranning and they contuined to mill more logs as we watched they milled about 2500 bft in 4.5 hours the new mill worked great .Will post some pictures later

Ironwood

I talked to the "Peterson guy" at Sawlex, and he was telling me about the delivery, enjoy.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!