iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Auction Fun

Started by Larry, June 06, 2009, 07:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

S & W Bandmill.  50 HP motor with 25 HP hydraulic power pack.  Cab and outfeed.  $5K

01 Helle end dogging scragg.  Two 100 HP motors.  $45K

Corley modular mill all steel.  Cab, and setworks.  Went with all the goodies for $10K.

Right to left.  $7,500, $8,250, and $12,500.  Center one had a new motor...or rebuilt?

$400

Enough parts to start your own repair shop...so long as you like Huskies. ;D

Another view of the Corley.

Morbark 640 debarker.  $57K.  This may have been the highest in the auction.

Plently of 56" saws to go round...went for $200 to $500.

All kind of powered log decks in good condition went for 5 to maybe 7 hundred.  Couple of Corley gang edgers went for around $3,500.  I was after electrical and got my share.  A Smith resaw almost followed me home as they were to cheap...I dropped out at $1,200 and it went for $1,500.  I didn't have any place to put it...well maybe under the bed. ;D

I came home with all kind of ideas running round in my head...it's good to take a look at a productive mill.

Most of the stuff was good and ready to make lumber.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Banjo picker

Where was this?  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Bloody Hell  :o :o :o :o :o :o  Jezz i wis i lived overthere might have ta move there  ;) :D :D :D  ;D ive been looking on the net and there are some dang nice settups going cheap I woulda liked the Corley modular and onea them gang edgers and afew transfers coulda come outa it for under 20k then the removal and geting them settup again starts costing a buckatoo  ;) ;D :D

Hows things Tim im still abit peeved that i cant get over to see you as planned  :) ::) ::)  ;) ;D ;D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Banjo picker

Quote from: Meadows Miller on June 06, 2009, 11:17:02 PM
Gday

Bloody Hell  :o :o :o :o :o :o  Jezz i wis i lived overthere might have ta move there  ;) :D :D :D  ;D ive been looking on the net and there are some dang nice settups going cheap I woulda liked the Corley modular and onea them gang edgers and afew transfers coulda come outa it for under 20k then the removal and geting them settup again starts costing a buckatoo  ;) ;D :D

Hows things Tim im still abit peeved that i cant get over to see you as planned  :) ::) ::)  ;) ;D ;D

Reguards Chris

Chris things were going flat out today, untill I cut the chain and one of the log dogs half into.   :D :D  No kidding.  I seen it fixing to happen and could not stop the sucker in time.  Debbie had a few ladies up for a swim and they all heard the racket from the pool..  Bobby done weilded the dog back as good as new and i will get a new link for the chain that raises the dog on monday.  Just another day in the life of a sawyer.   8)  I was cutting some 24 inch plus sweetgum. and having a ball before i hit the dog.  Aint but a thang.   ;)  Your rooms waiting.. Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Meadows Miller

Gday Tim just another day in the life of a sawmiller aint it Mate people not paying on time logs not arriving when they should (cypress not comming untill oct/nov now ::)) gear breaking down and not being able to keep up with demand and things just not going as they should blah blah blah  ;) :D  Ahh i wouldnt be dead for quidds Mate  ;) :D :D :D :D then again Nothing easy is realy worth doing is it  hey Mate  ;) ;D ;D   :D :D ;)

These things happen i think anyone would be lying if they reckond they have never had a destructive epasode on their mill mate   ;) :D  :D  pitty your dogs not working  till mon ::) well  we all need a w/end off every now and then Mate ;) :D :D Well aslong as the ladies didnt get the full uncenserd show mate  :( >:( >:( usually afew expleatives spill outa my mouth when somthing like that happens  :o :o :) ::) ::)

Thanks for keeping the room waiting Ill be sure to get overthere soon as possible to spnd a spell with you im looking forward to it Mate

I think we mighta hijacked the thred Well back to the Bargan Buys for Larry  ;) ;D ;D

Reguards Chris

Captain

Hey...that Meadows would have been nice....

Captain

kelLOGg

WOW! I bought the same Powermatic for the same price at a county auction.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Bibbyman

Quote from: Banjo picker on June 06, 2009, 10:21:10 PM
Where was this?  Tim

Larry,  you've not said where this auction was.

Mary and I went to a few of these auctions a few years back.  While interesting,  there was little there in the way of equipment that we could use – the scale of things being so large.  But I found it a bit morbid seeing all this equipment going for pennies on a dollar.   

We got on the auction mailing list and with all the ads in the trade publications see quite a few ads for auctions.  Kind of like reading the obituaries.  ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Larry

Quote from: Bibbyman on June 07, 2009, 08:12:39 PM
Larry,  you've not said where this auction was.
Because I was avoiding the question until you pressed the issue...northwest Arkansas.

Quote from: Bibbyman on June 07, 2009, 08:12:39 PM
But I found it a bit morbid seeing all this equipment going for pennies on a dollar.
I was'nt disturbed about the low prices but...30 jobs vanished into thin air and will never come back which brought tears to my eyes.  I won't speculate on the internet as to the why, but on the bright side the owners are staying in the wood products industry with a big kiln drying capacity.  This might be a plus for small sawmills in the area as they will need wood to dry.  From speaking with the owner they need more kiln capacity to meet demand.

There was a huge amount of material handling equipment that would benefit any small mill owner at bargain prices...log decks, green chains, chop saws, roll cases, even a machine that chops up old bands into 12" pieces for the junkyard. 

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bibbyman

I don't know why telling the location would be a problem.  It was an advertized public auction wasn't it?  And now it's over so nobody can go bid against you.  Besides,  if you wanted to keep it a secret, why make a post at all?

The other size problem is the power to run some of the equipment.  Most is 3ph with large motors.  Even if it runs on hydraulic it requires power to run the pumps.   Most all of it exceeded the power we had available without upgrading our service and phase converter. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

johnjbc

I got dragged to the local Swap Meet, at Williams Grove, today by my wife and daughter and came across a tool box with $10 tag on it. I ask if the contents came with it, and was told yes, that it was something for chain saws. I'll take it.
It contained a practically new Oregon File Guide, Drill Bit Sharpener, and a good Silicon Carbide Sharpening stone.  8) 8)

LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Meadows Miller

Gday

John You got that one for a steal Mate its amazing what you can pickup when your not even looking ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Reguards Chris

Thank You Sponsors!