iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trouble Uploading Pics Helllllllp!!!

Started by Coon, June 06, 2009, 01:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Hey guys and gals I have a whack load of pitures to upload onto the forum from my hike out at the farm the other day.  There is over a hundred pics that I took that I can't seem to get uploaded.  I downloaded java again and tried it over and over to no avail.  Java keeps saying that the files are too big.  I have used this before and it worked fine for me.  Same camera.... same computer.....

I only have a couple of hours left before I leave to work for a good long stretch of up to 13 days.  Night shift to boot. >:(  ::)  :o  :D

I need to show many of these pics in a post I would like to start as it is where I will be using my tracked skidder and grapple log trailer that I am building.  Guaranteed that you will be shocked to see what we have here in terms of timber and firewood.

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

isawlogs

Hi Brad , I need to drag the pics if using the java thingy here ... HAve you tried that .  just drag them from your picture file to the java box ,  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

No I have not done that.  It does say that it is readable though.  It isn't until it is uploading the files that it comes up with the box stating that the specific file is too large.  Then a second box comes up after you click on ok that states that it has been saved on the clipboard.  I am not to good with computers but the wife is.  We don't normally run java except for the forum to upload pics as I am trying to do.

Coon

I just tried the drag and drop method but it still won't work.  Don't know just baffles this sawdust and pig crapola filled mind of mine.

Coon

I just tried to download the plug in for it and it comes up with FATAL ERROR..........

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Coon

Well things changed at work and I ended up driving over 120 miles there to work one 12 hour shift then drive those same miles back home.

Jeff,  I tried uploading one at a time and managed to get three pics uploaded before it started doing the same as before saying that the file is too big.  It is stopping at the same place everytime and I even tried going further down the list of files and trying a few with all of them doing the same.  Kinda getting annoyed with this because I know it should work and has worked for me before this.

Jeff

This morning I uploaded all of those sawlex photos I posted at one time right from the camera. The photos were around 2 megs each. There must have been 7 or 8 photos. No problem.

Coon

Well I don't know what is going on here with this.  Guess I will just have to give up cuz nobody really seems like they want to help me figure this out.  Someone else has had to have had this kind of a problem before.   I am not going to a hundred pics the old way.  I just don't have the time or patience.

thedeeredude

Coon, what you do is click on this link that says Java Uploader A new screen tab will come up.   The new screen should look like this

At the top, select the album you want to put the picture in at the orange area that says

Please, choose an album, where you want to upload pictures

After you select the gallery you want to put the pictures in, click on the tab that says Add Pictures to the selected album.  After that, click on the tab that says Browse.  Find the picture file(s) in your computer and select them.  After that, click the upload button which is at the bottom of the box that lists your photos you've selected.  That's all there is to it.  I have the important parts highlighted in bright blue in the picture.  If you need anymore help, please feel free to ask.  There should be no trouble uploading with this new setup.  As a test I just uploaded 77 high quality over 1mb photos and it finished it in a couple of minutes.

Jeff

If you post 100 photos you will run out of the allotted space that is granted for members in short order. I've never mentioned it, because the number is generous, but everyone has a limit, including me. Perhaps that why you are getting a size limit warning.   100 photos is enough for a boat load of posts. A ship load. Try one or two to start. I bet you can make your post and point with just a couple three photos and your stress levels will be much less.  I've never posted over 5 or ten photos at one time and don't have a thread on here that would have 100 photos. The Forestry Forum galleries are there for photos actually used in posts and that is the only reason. 100 photos in a post would send dialup users into conniptions.  :)

beenthere

About 45 showed up today in the "Farm" gallery for ya. Did ya figure it out?

I've not had any problems, but usually do only one or two at a time to add to a post I am making. I don't as a rule download the camera into the FF gallery. Pick and choose a good one to show a point.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Coon

I did manage to get some of the pics uploaded but still having trouble.  This thing baffles me to no end.  Some of the main pics that I wanted to put on just WON'T go.  I am pretty sure that I will just delete some of the ones I put because I just uploaded all of the ones that would work.  Some of them I really don't want or need on here.

Sorry for all the frustration here everyone I am just not having any luck with anything I do the last few days especially getting the sheet pulled over my eyes at work last night and this morning.  I never meant to cause such an upheavall so to speak.

WH_Conley

After the screen thedeeredude  shows I get a selections screen, if I click on "my pictures" I get an error message and the whole machine lock up. Usually have to reboot. I have used the java uploader before, have been trying to figure out what is different on my machine.
Bill

woodmills1

the java just won't  hook up to my AOL
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Jeff

Quote from: woodmills1 on June 07, 2009, 10:51:31 PM
the java just won't  hook up to my AOL

Don't use the aol browser then.  Connect to the internet with AOL and then use IE or firefox to browse the internet.

Coon

I have been using internet explorer and firefox both and having these problems.

??? ??? ??? ???

DanG

You do still have the option of uploading your pics the old-fashioned way, ya know.  I haven't tried the java uploader myself, so I can't help you there.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Quote from: Coon on June 30, 2009, 11:38:33 PM
I have been using internet explorer and firefox both and having these problems.

??? ??? ??? ???

Did you follow the directions about upgrading java?

Fla._Deadheader

I have the same problem as Coon. Just use the old way to do photos.  ::) ::)

I can't get Java to upgrade, either.  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Coon

The upgrade will not work for me.  I have even uninstalled and reinstalled java, rebooted and the works dunno and don't really have the time for much right about now.  Just home for Canada Day and back to it and at it before I don't get to it to get at it, bright and early tomorow morning.  Only got I think three more days left to work before I get my time off.   ;)

Thank You Sponsors!