iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need opinion on Logosol LM40 saw mill

Started by alsayyed, June 06, 2009, 01:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Hello friends last month I have received the Logosol catalog as I was going through the catalog I have found   this sawmill LM40 made by Logosol. I never heard about this saw mill before but at least better than chainsaw milling. I need opinion about this logosol LM40 saw mill has anybody purchased this sawmill before.
The reason I am asking because I am looking for reasonable price saw mill these days.

Here is their video at the YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY8khYa_eds

blame

Is the drive belt also the band tire? if it is i'd think it would cause more problems say when you broke a blade and the blade got into the drive belt and cut it or even nicked it . it be an added expense may not happen every time but i'm pretty sure it would at some point   

nas

It is a Norwood mill.  I have one and for a manual mill it is very good.  Apparently Norwood has a deal now with logosol.  Logosol now makes a beam planer that rides on the norwood track. http://www.norwoodindustries.com/

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

beenthere

Quote from: blame on June 06, 2009, 03:04:30 AM
Is the drive belt also the band tire? if it is i'd think it would cause more problems say when you broke a blade and the blade got into the drive belt and cut it or even nicked it . it be an added expense may not happen every time but i'm pretty sure it would at some point   
blame
Has that happened to you?  Or someone you know?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

blame

no but with the blade running on top of the drive belt to me its just asking for trouble i would think

Thank You Sponsors!