iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

posting pictures

Started by hogs4hobby, June 03, 2009, 08:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogs4hobby

this may sound stupid, but how do I post pictures on here?

DanG

That is one of the most common, and least stupid questions asked on this forum.  Learning it is a bit of a challenge to most folks, but it is well worth that small effort.  There are some very good reasons for the photo policy here, and you will gain appreciation for it over time.

You can go to the "Behind the Forum" board, where you can find detailed instructions right at the top, or click on "Forum Extras" at the top of the page and find the same instructions.  If you still don't understand part of it, feel free to send me a message and I'll help you any way I can.  If that don't work, send me you phone number and I'll talk you through it.  If we're still not experiencing success after that, I'll just jump in the truck and come down there and show you.  After all, we are neighbors ya know. ;D 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pigman

QuoteLearning it is a bit of a challenge to most folks...
Now DanG, it only took me two years to get my first picture on here. It wasn't a challenge for me. That's right, you said most folks, not all folks.  ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

It took me about five years, and Tom finally came over from Jacksonville and placed my fingers on the keys for me. ::)  These folks that come on here with pics on their first post really make me feel like a dummy. :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WH_Conley

I used the Java uploader, slick. Now I can't it to work. Every time I try all I get is something about a disallowed file extension.
Bill

woodmills1

I have been posting pictures for years, but cannot get the Java to run.  I still use AOL and there seems to be issues with Java and AOL
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Jeff

Quote from: WH_Conley on June 03, 2009, 10:27:52 PM
I used the Java uploader, slick. Now I can't it to work. Every time I try all I get is something about a disallowed file extension.

I might have found a problem there. Some jpg's end with jpeg. That was not entered into the allowable file entries.  If your camera created files with that jpeg extension, this now should be fixed
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Hilltop366

I.m not sure what kind of computer you are using but with the Mac I was not getting anywhere with Safari so I tried Firefox and it worked ???? go figure.

pineywoods

Anybody got the java uploader working on linux? I'm still tinkering.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!