iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MINT 044

Started by ENTS, June 02, 2009, 08:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ENTS

Went to an auction on Sat. looking to score what looked like (from the flier photos) to be 3 really nice Stihl saws, 025, 036pro, and 044.  What I found were those 3 saws but they weren't just nice, they were in MINT condition, NEVER used.  Someone else there knew the value of these saws and out bid me but I did come away with this:

Never used, 044, early 1990ish, still has the blue plastic protector on the 044 and Stihl logo.  I hate to even use this machine.  Guess I better finish that other 044 project so I don't have to use this new one.

Also came away with these but don't know what I'll do with them:

MALL 4MG

MALL 7H

HOMELITE 17

Also got a Super EZ auto that runs really strong (and loud).

Later,
Fred Henry,  Over Worked, Under Paid

Banjo picker

Nice 044 ... Thats the sized saw you can do a lot with.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

baronthered

Nice find on those saws.
Life's short make fun of it!

Ed

Wow! Nice score on the 044.  8) 8) 8)

Ed

567paloggger

what did you end up paying for the 044

ENTS

$500, If it had not been for one other guy, it would have been a LOT less.  But still an excellent price (IMO).

timber tramp

I think you got a good deal, but I'm a 044 fan too. ;) How's the rebuild coming along on the other one?                        :) TT
Cause every good story needs a villan!

567paloggger

would u be willing to sell that 044 saw

ENTS

Quote from: timber tramp on June 07, 2009, 11:11:41 AM
  .... ;) How's the rebuild coming along on the other one?                        :) TT

Finally broke down and ordered the Stihl piston.  I was going back and forth with the $$s, cheap one vs. not cheap.  Fianlly decided that this saw has to go to work so I'm sticking the good piston in it.  Should arrive this week.

Later,

ENTS

Quote from: 567paloggger on June 07, 2009, 08:29:07 PM
would u be willing to sell that 044 saw

The thoght has crossed my mind but I don't think you could offer enough.  I waited a long time for this one to come along. 

Later,

Lanier_Lurker

Quote from: ENTS on June 06, 2009, 07:20:12 AM
$500, If it had not been for one other guy, it would have been a LOT less.  But still an excellent price (IMO).

I am not especially knowledgeable in this area, but that sounds like a steal to me.

Thank You Sponsors!