iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting the hang of this!!

Started by KyTreeFarmer, May 30, 2009, 09:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyTreeFarmer

Hey guys
Having lots of fun here. Learning curve on posting pics is worse than learning how to saw!! Gnarly old cedar (ice storm damaged) was my first victim....er log. Got 5 1x6's and 1 2x6 out of it. Just thought I was hooked earlier!  Decided to stay temporary on my setup, already glad I did. Thanks for all the advice guys.
Mike

Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

woodmills1

glad you said gkinarly or something likea that.

keep up it gets better
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

fishpharmer

Good for you KY! I am new at milling too but ain't it fun!  Wish you posted earlier, I came right by there earlier today on the way to Lexington from Sawlex. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

woodmills1

Ifin it's not fun youa ain'ta doin it right..................... :o
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

thecfarm

Is this your first mill? Have room in that barn to dry lumber? It's fun to saw lumber for yourself. What's the plan for all the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Slabs

Hey KY

Great to have you chippin in.  Your Miser looks great and just wait til you get a big pile of sawdust to add to the picture.

This is the greatest bunch of guys I have ever hung out with.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

CLL

buyin a mill is like buyin a horse, first you buy the horse, then you got to have a saddle and bridle, then a shed to keep him in, then a trailer to haul him, then a truck to pull the trailer, and so on, you get my point. ;D Enjoy it, its very peaceful to do.
Too much work-not enough pay.

bandmiller2

Mike be carefull driving down the road and gawking at trees,they will be seen in a new light.Remember the ugly bad looking logs make the prettest lumber.Frank c.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

KyTreeFarmer

Hey guys
I am enjoying the forum, so thanks for all your comments!

bandmiller2, I have had tree envy for years, can't go anywhere without thinking about all the lumber I could get outta them things.

cfarm, my first bandmill, but I don't have much sawing experience. I have to clean all the scrap lumber out of the barn to make room for the new lumber, all to feed my sawdust appetite.

fishpharmer, too bad you didn't know I was here, always up to a visit. Stop by if you get this way again. 
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

Meadows Miller

Gday Fellas

Mike its Good to see your enjoying your new toy ehhmm Peice off equipment and the Forum Mate  Its The Place to Be ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) you,ll start seeing more n more lumber eveywhere mate  ;) that sawdust appetite can get outa hand sometimes  :o :) ::) ::) ill bring home stuff in the back of the ute from off the side off the road sometimes 3' to 8' long if i think ill be able to make somthing nice out of it and it has nice grain like Frank said the rough ones can have some budafull timber in em  :o ;D ;D 8) 8)

Quote from: woodmills1 on May 31, 2009, 06:51:00 AM
Ifin it's not fun youa ain'ta doin it right..................... :o
Woodmills I say/live Find a job you Love and You'll never work a day in your life Mate   ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
cash can be tight sometimes tho  :o :) ??? ::) ;) :D :D :D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

woodmills1

as many of you know I was a high school teacher for years, I stayed with it cause I loved it.  Was real easy to get outta bed to go to work.  I retired early when a raft of nasty girls for like three years ina row made me not have fun.  BTW I went to college to be an engineer and just didn't have any fun at my engineering jobs, and the better money didn't overcome the lack of fun

Thank You Sponsors!