iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Call for Forestry Forum Booth Exhibits for SAWLEX

Started by DR Buck, May 25, 2009, 09:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

I've had a discussion with Jeff about the plans for displays at the FF SAWLEX booth.  The space is 20 x 20 which provides lots of room for members to gather and socialize.   I believe Jeff is going to try and have cold water for drinking available for members as well.   But what would really help spiff up the FF presence is displaying interesting things members have to show off or share.   At the OH SAWLEX there was an "old old" (I think Russian) chainsaw someone brought.  There was also a wood identification display and some other odds and ends. 

Jeff has some color posters to display and I'm going to bring a photo album of various gatherings of FF members I've been to, including a couple of Pig Roasts.   I'm also going to bring a few unusual pieces of wood to show off.  I also have a few artifacts I've saw'n into.  :D

So what other interesting or old or unusual saw milling or forestry related artifacts can other members be counted on to share?  Add you ideas to this thread.   Remember this is a family show and we want the FF to shine.  If you idea is out-of-line, I'm sure Jeff will set things straight.  ;)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

DR Buck

You guy's are disappointing me. smiley_huh2   I was sure by now there would be 2 or 3 pages of suggestions.  Only 2 day til SAWLEX and nothing.  ::)    Not even a suggestion of a grits display.

Warbird

I think some antique hand saws or a really old mill would be pretty cool to display.  Or maybe a 'women of forestry' display.  ;D

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

DR Buck

QuoteI think some antique hand saws or a really old mill would be pretty cool to display.  Or maybe a 'women of forestry' display.   

OK, a few good ideas.  With the exception of Jeff's woodburnings, who's bring what to share?

Jeff

I can do that, and we'll give one away.  I could even bring the Russian chainsaw again. If we had several members bring SOMETHING then we would have something.

Ironwood, the first sawlex I remember you brought a portfolio album of your work. You could bring that.  Hell guys, bring the magnetic sigsn off yer pickem ups.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

I can't afford to fly down there, else I'd be there.  Don't have anything cool to donate, anyway.  :(

Don_Papenburg

What about all them presise squares of wood that we sent to Jefff for his out house .....er a .. backyard house  /shed ? 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Jeff

Hey, that aint a bad idear right there.    :)

Warbird, were just looking for show and tell display items. No keepsies :)

Captain

Jeff, I'll pack some t-shirts for display/giveaway

Captain

Burlkraft

Quote from: Captain on May 27, 2009, 06:47:06 AM
Jeff, I'll pack some t-shirts for display/giveaway

Captain

That's good, I was just packin' and I looked at that shirt and it's not makin' the trip. Too many washings and too many stains on it. Jill was shocked when I told her that. She did not think a shirt could ever be ratty enuff for me not to wear anywhere   :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Captain

Jeff

I've got all the forum member squares packed up in one egg box. Its one heavy egg box let me tell ya. I've got the Forestry Posters that everybody always likes, and I've also got all the wood burnings I have on hand packed up.  One to give away, and the rest to show or whatever.  I have our neat Forestry Forum plaque and stand that WV Hillbilly made for us for the first sawlex, (Wonder if Dan will be at the show?) And also the hardwood wood I.D. quiz board that Ron Wenrich made. Got the answers for it too. ;D

Steve is about 50 miles out from my place yet and will be arriving soon. We'll be leaving about 3 AM in the morning and hope to be at the show to organize things by early afternoon Thursday.

Dan_Shade

Jeff, what are the dimensions for the squares?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

Jeff

DR Buck

I'm bringing a couple laptops with silde shows of FF pictures and the recovery of the big Kennedy Oak.

Dan_Shade

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DR Buck

Quote from: Dan_Shade on May 27, 2009, 06:13:42 PM
you're living in the past, Dave!

It's not the past if I'm still making money off of it.  :)    Just had a call again today about slabs from the Kennedy oak.   

BTW - My 5x5  5.75 x 5.75  ( ::)) ceiling block has been done for a long time.   :D

Jeff

Dan_Shade

all of my boards are 8" or so and way longer  ::).

woodhick

Well I may have to bring a board for Jeff also.  I have procrastinated ?sp. on doing this long enough.  I will be there on Saturday if nothing changes.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Thank You Sponsors!