iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberpro beams?

Started by Bruce_A, May 24, 2009, 05:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce_A

Sometime in the past 10 years or so ago, I picked up four sections of what I believe is a Timberpro beam for the saw to run on.   A baby mobile dimension???  I had a wild dream apparently when I bought them, but can no longer remember what it was.  I do not want to sell them, but if someone else thinks they can use them, I am open for a trade of some sort.  I do not NEED anything.  This is just for fun and getting to know someone that has wild ideas also.  The thieves have been hitting me often enough the last few years, that i believe it is only a matter of time before someone sees them and makes off with them.  I am 65 mile north of Portland, Or. just off I-5.

chucker

WELCOME !  to the forestry forum... " THIEVES" had them here also a few times!! lived in the same area from 1965 to 1983 .. around the head quarters rd , im sure you know where that is all the way to silver lake and mores road...
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

fishpharmer

Now you got me curious.  What is a timberpro beam?  Anyone got a pic or link?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

StorminN

Bruce,

I'm curious what they look like, too... I've got an Mobile Dimension, so I know well how that works... got any pics?

-N.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

Bruce_A

Sorry people, They are Timberchamp beam sections, not timberpro.  I went out and kicked the grass down and made sure they were still there.  They are 10.5 inches square, 8 feet long, solid sheet, not lattice like most saw beams I have seen.  There are four sections and unless they are storage boxes, I don't have any legs or rails.  The same type  mill as the Mobile Dimension and the Mighty Mite, only they cut smaller lumber.  I don't have any pictures.

beerguy

Bruce,

You got me interested.

I am looking at making a new rail system for my bandmill. It runs on top of angle iron, so I am looking at mounting it on a solid structure and increasing the cutting length from 14' to 20'.

I am about 65 miles north of Seattle.

Hmmmm....

Bruce_A

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  If you have ever looked at a mobile dimension mill, you can see how these were designed to work.  If you are coming south sometime  call me at 360-520-0310 and we can arrange for you to look at them.

StorminN

Bruce_A, does this look like what you're talking about?

-Norm.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

Bruce_A

The beam in the first picture is what I have right down to the color.  Four sections,  about 8 foot long for each section.

Thank You Sponsors!