iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

????'s on a Frick Mill

Started by tractormanNwv, May 19, 2009, 08:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tractormanNwv

Hello All,

I'm new here and Trying to figure everything out so Please be Patient with Me. Last Year I purchased an Ol Frick Mill at a Farm Estate Auction in Hopes I could get it up and Going to Hopefully Saw a Log or 2 and Maybe get it somewhat Mobile and Display/Run it at My Antique Tractor and Engine Show next August. My problem is that the day after the sale I went to pick it up and it seems that Maybe the Scrappers needed My (log dogs ?) worse than I did and the Nut to Hold the Blade on is Missing too, Can Anyone tell Me if theres such a Thing as a Salvage Yard for Sawmills? I know this is probably sounds crazy sounding, but if I don't Ask I won't know right? The Mill has a blade that is 52inch? I believe, I also will need to evevtually find the Replaceable Teeth for it. Thanks in Advance for Any and All Info and Thoughts.

Jim

Ron Wenrich

Getting replacement teeth and an arbor nut is no big deal.  Find your local saw doc and he should be able to set you up with them.  If you don't know who he is, then talk to a local mill and they should be able to steer you in the right direction.

Frickco has all the prints from Frick and has a parts inventory.  Here's their website:  http://fricksawmills.com/frickco.htm
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

bandmiller2

Welcome Jim,most of the time anything that can easily be removed from a mill is taken.Arbor nut is no biggie most are standard thread and available,Frick is a common mill even used parts should be easy to come by.A manageable portable circular mill takes some thought,I built one years ago that worked well.I used steel roof trusses and a dozen screw type leveling jacks.Boath ends were hinged and folded up and over the main section.To set up once or twice a year at shows you could probibly build the timber frame in sections that bolt togather if you have the means to haul and lift ,the old timers moved and set up when they exhausted the local timber.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

woody1

Jim..Parts are around for those old mills. I redid an old American and I found almost everything locally. The is a guy named Helfrick down by Chambersburg PA that has all kinds of mill stuff. I put my mill on a trailer. This works out good because if I want to move it I just call the local wrecker service and down the road she goes. One thing you should check before putting it together is your collars. I just had to take my mandrel to the machine shop to get the collars done and the shaft and pilleys checked. This would be alot easier to do now, before you get it all together. If you look in my gallery you can see my project.
Woody1
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Thank You Sponsors!