iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cyrus is DRT

Started by timberfaller390, May 16, 2009, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberfaller390

Dead Right There. While coming home from picking up an old buzz saw  Cyrus started making the god awfulest racket you ever heard. I pulled over and saw that the water pump pulley had come un slung. It didn't hurt the pump, fan or radiator but the pulley was destroyed. So if anybody knows a good parts source for OLD IHC trucks let me know. Oh yeah Cyrus is a 1958 IHC A-162 2 ton truck.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Raider Bill

That stinks!
My Son and I have a 51 Intl Metro van, Old laundry truck.

There was a guy in Missouri that sold our parts. Can't remember hus name right off. I'll ask my Son.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

Hmmm....  I thought DRT was "down right tired".   Dead is too permanent.  ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Raider Bill

Timberfaller,

Thanks buddy, Right as I was dialing my Son he called in to say that we need front brake shoes on our Metro. Seems he tried to stop and nobody was home :o

So now we're both looking for old Intl parts :D

timberfaller390

Sorry I didn't mean to put a hex on the rest of the IHC's on the forum. Hopefully it won't spread all the way to meadowsmiller across the big pond.  :D
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Raider Bill

Now I need wheel cylinders.............. :o

timberfaller390

Our local NAPA parts store had wheel cylinders for a KB series truck. you might check with them.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Raider Bill

I've got Son Billy on the hunt. I'm also looking for that guys name and number.Will keep you posted.

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

sawdust

Rimbey has the International Truck museum. We have alot of enthusiasts around here. If you cannot find what you need I could give you a couple names. I will ask around about pulley parts.

I called my old corn binder Bella. I could not afford 5 mpg so I traded her off on lumber for a shed.

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Chico

Raider that big place over in Cleveland used to have a buch of old IHC truckd It;s the one with the guy holding the world up Can;t remember the name
Chico
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Raider Bill

We found wheel cylinder rebuild kits that will work. Now looking for brake shoes. Would sure like to find a disc brake set up for it. Nothing like a little water in front drum brakes to get your heart beating while trying to stop.

Timberfaller,  I found and called thet guy in MO. All he has are metro parts..... sorry

tractormanNwv

I have a 1961 IH b-160  1 1/2 Ton, and while going through the Brakes I found that the wheel cylinders (2 per wheel) were Cheaper at the Local International Dealer than at Napa, about 20 bucks cheaper (each). But now thats here in West Virginia, can't say it'll be the same in Your Neck of the Woods. Anybody ever get on OLDIHC.org? By the way is Your Engine 6cyl or 8 cyl?

Jim

Raider Bill

Mine is a 6 cyl Red Diamond motor

timberfaller390

Yeah I've been on OLDIHC.org before I have a posting there about this part too. I am still trying to figure out what kind of motor I have. I think it's the black diamond 264
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

timberfaller390

Positive ID. on my engine is it's a Black Diamond 264 and as luck would have it The king of all junk yard scroungers (my grandpaw) found my part on an old truck just west from where we live so hopefully Cyrus will be brought back from the dead by this time tomorrow.  8)  8)  8) Raider hows your parts hunt coming?
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Raider Bill

Did good on the wheel cylinder rebuild kits but looks like we are going to have to have the shoes relined locally.

timberfaller390

There is a company in chattanooga that does it if you have trouble down there. You should go right through chatt town when you go to your place in TN.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

zopi

If you left it there..it's DUY...Dead Up Yonder...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Raider Bill

Here's my Son and I's 51 International Metro van. It was a laundry truck.
I bought it 15 years ago. Runs like a top 8) Sure is a eye turner here in the concrete jungle. We've been working on the mechanics of it for years and now need to start the body.
We put the duelies in it as it was very topsided plus the gearing was very low.
He have all the trim taken off.
Can sit for months then fires right up.

timberfaller390

This is Cyrus. I got him home yesterday from my buddies farm where he was resting after the pulley incident. I am going to start the paint job in about a month.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Thank You Sponsors!