iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Freezing Rain

Started by Jeff, February 24, 2022, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We had a Freezing rain event here this week in parts of Michigan. We were trapped for a day. Couldn't even get out the driveway. Of course that would be the day Sawyer had two seizures. We got phone help, (Thank you @Nebraska !) and Sawyer is doing okay. In fact this video is him encouraging me to get up and do something this morning. So, we made you this video. :)

The Freezing Rain. - YouTube
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Nebraska

I wondered how it was going. Thanks for the report... :)

bitternut

Wow, things look quite ice coated. Any problems with power outages?. Guess that freezing rain is supposed to arrive in our area in the morning. Michigan's weather usually arrives in our area a day later. Looks like a good day to stay home and wait for a melt.

thecfarm

We almost had the same thing Tuesday.
I drove home on the back road at 10 miles an hour. All ice!! We were lucky, it warmed up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

We've got a pug with a seizure disorder.  He's on pheno barb. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Chuck White

The Ice is beautiful, but is can also be very destructive to trees, powerlines, etc.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

Enjoyed seeing your place.  A bit different from August.  We have ice raining down here at the moment. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

sawguy21

None here yet fortunately. 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Yep, we had it this week, but then it turned to rain and 46F later. We lost power for an hour the other night, wind. The time flew bye, by the time you get out of bed and haul on the clothes, grab the flash light. Haul out the generator out side of the house, put in some fuel. Go inside and flip the switch, come back and start the generator, plug in. Go back inside and sit down and relax a bit. Then it all comes back on, and go do it all in reverse. That hr goes fast. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!