iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mystic Woods

Started by Ron Scott, August 25, 2003, 08:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

1950 Studebaker. Located in a pine plantation ready for its first thinning. Word has it that it was used to pull a plow to till the area prior to its reforestation with pine.

~Ron

Tom

We used to have one of those. ;D

That bullet on the nose sure made it fast. 8)

Paul_H

It looks like a ghost is in the passenger window,looking out.I wonder if it could be Nobl er, Casper?

Good pics Ron,I like rusty relics from days gone by.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Bro. Noble

Did you know those things had overdrive?  Don't ask me how I know that :o
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

Yeah and you had to do something funny to get it to go in.  It was automatic over-drive and you pushed the clutch to get it to go in or something like that.  

An older fellow told me, I think. ::) :P

Greenman

I wish I'd had a camera when I saw it, but there was an old Studebaker truck in a woods I was doing TSI in once.  It had a cherry growing through the grill, and somebody was livin' in der.

Fla._Deadheader

I'll fess up. My 1st car was a '51 Studee baker. It had a sealed beam in the "bullet" hole. With that overdrive, I had 6 speeds forward. I had it tuned where you could actually watch individual fan blades turn. At the local "illegal" drag strip. I STILL hold the record for the "SLOWEST" 1/2 mile, 27 minutes and 14 seconds ;D ;D  Also got over 20 MPG :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

biziedizie

Good eye Paul, I have a pic of a Suzuki Samuri that I had and the pic would scare the he#$ out of you when you look at it. :o Looks like a very creepy person sitting in the drivers seat. Hate looking at that pic.

Steve

Buzz-sawyer

HEY!
I can very clearly see TWO faces in that pic in the passenger side!!!! Bizz can you post yours?
Don
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Mark M

Me too :o

One is on the mirror and the other in the window. The one in the mirror looks like that Jason guy with the hocky mask from the Friday the 13th movies. Now I'm scared :o

biziedizie

Buzz-sawyer as I have an un-expected day off I might take the long drive to my brothers place and scan that pic and post it. It's a pretty cool one and I don't even like to look at it. :o

Steve

Buzz-sawyer

Hey Biz....any luck on scanning your unusual pic?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Sawyerfortyish

Friday the 13 was filmed about 5 miles from me

DanG

Speakin' of Studebakers, did y'all know they once made a vehicle similar to the El Camino and Ranchero? I had plumb forgot about it till I came face to face with one the other day. It was pretty dilapidated and needed fixing up, but is absolutely worth restoring. It was only the second or third one I have ever seen.
I'll tell ya where I seen it over on the Travel Forum.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ron Scott

Old Steel Wheeled Plow. Found in a red pine stand on a recent timber harvest. The property was a farm many years ago. The plow was just parked and left over all these years. The property now has new owners who have now inherited the old steel plow with the properties history.

~Ron

indiaxman1

I am doing a long term (low budget) resto on a 53 Stude Hardtop....sits real low...later Hawks would copy...has three on tree, and handle for overdrive..old flathead runs like sewing machine....woods hold lots of old beaters (usually too far gone)
Ran across a long fender from 30's logging truck in my woods, plus axles/rear ends...old local talk had it that purloined cars/trucks were chopped/stripped back there
One last comment...you know how old someone is if they do or don't know what a Studebaker is/was....geezer status

Ron Scott

The last time that I rode in one was 1961-1962. A friend of mine had one and the USFS has several in its fleet.
~Ron

SwampDonkey

With regard to plowing with a car. My grandfather plowed with a Jeep, late 40's or early 50's. He also baled hay as my uncle had to ride the baler and trip some gadget or lever to complete each bale. He said the last time he rode the baler was when he got whacked by it in the crotch. My grandfather on mom's side was always full of ideas and never much of a farmer.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bobus2003

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 30, 2011, 07:40:22 PM
With regard to plowing with a car. My grandfather plowed with a Jeep, late 40's or early 50's. He also baled hay as my uncle had to ride the baler and trip some gadget or lever to complete each bale. He said the last time he rode the baler was when he got whacked by it in the crotch. My grandfather on mom's side was always full of ideas and never much of a farmer.  :D

Got a '59 Willys Jeep with the PTO and Ag Hitch

thecfarm

Had a few of those old Studebakers tore down in my area. Most times only the hood would be left on to protect the motor.Most farms had one or I really should say homes. Have not seen one for years. People have money now to buy tractors.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!