iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another question..Woodmizer guys this time

Started by KyTreeFarmer, May 13, 2009, 10:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyTreeFarmer

Still thinking about the Cook's MP-24 but have decided to expand my options. Am going to look at a used Woodmizer LT-15 soon and am wondering if there are things I need to be looking at besides normal wear. The mill is I think about 3 years old and supposedly only about 100 operating hours. Sounds like a good deal but I have never seen an Lt-15 and don't know what to look for. Its just the basic mill, no extras, but I only want something for personal use. Judging from the previous postings I have read, seems like this would be a big step up from a hobby mill.
Thanks

Mike
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

zopi

On the G-15 the muffler on the Kohler engine likes to crack at the joint between the headpipe and muffler...I will be re-engineering this as soon as I get my saw shed put up later this summer...small braced stack carrying the exhaust up and away from the operator probably..

just make sure all the controls operate smoothly, and that there isn't any bizarre amount of wear anywhere...my baby likes WD-40 and transmission fluid in healthy doses and frequently...like grandpa says...can't have too much grease...

For the record i am stupid happy with my mill...getcha a bed extension to make up 16' IMO
a mill is kind of useless if you can't cut 16'.....

The only three complaints I have with it..the water lube system waas underwhelming...there is a thread on here about how I solved that...the muffler thing...and my biggest complaint, it's not an LT-40H...there is no replacement for displacement...but the little mill rocks for what it's intended to do.

hope you have fun with it!

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!