iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS440 or 372

Started by Ohio_Bill, August 24, 2003, 07:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio_Bill

I have a old 064 that I need to replace , and I don't need that big of a saw   . I have always used Stihl  ,but would try a Husky .    So its down to   MS440  or Husky 372  .  

Thanks

Bill
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

smwwoody

Well Bill try them both out and which ever one fits you hands best is the saw for you.  you wouldn't go wrong with eather saw

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Kevin

Bill the easy answer to that is get one of each !  :D
I think you'll be happy with either saw, consider who is the best dealer in your area.

smwwoody

yea i ment what keven said one of each
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Oregon_Rob

As stated, you will likely not have a problem with ether saw. I really like my 372, here are some thing in Husky's favor.
Husky's Dealers are more likely to deal on price.
Hysky's warrantee is 2 years Sthil is 90 days
I really like the side tensioner and anti-vibe mounting on my 372.
The sthil guys can post what they like about the 044.

When I was looking, the way I got the local dealer to come down on price was by splitting the difference between what he wanted and what I could get it for on the internet. Although, I didn't end up buying new, I bought used from a local logger, most of them buy new every year. So even though I bought it used from someone what used it a lot. It still run, and starts great and I haven't had to do any major repairs. That tells me it's built to last.
Chainsaw Nerd

Ohio_Bill

Thanks Everyone , Both Stihl and Husky will be at the Paul Bunyon Forestry Show  in Nelsonville Ohio so I think I will try them both  out.

Bill
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Kevin

A few things to check for ... ease of access to the air filter and spark plug, balance and weight, see thru fuel tank, inboard or outboard clutch.

Thank You Sponsors!