iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree Huggers

Started by pappy19, May 07, 2009, 10:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

Not sure where this should go, but I'm sure someone will move it if necessary. This a good example of why forest management is out of the hands of foresters and into the hands of the new PC public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUDEmMjC-c
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

chucker

lol  i think im going to go out and "HUG A TREE TODAY!! " and then cut it down to make toothpick..........
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

Warbird

Ummm...  are those people for real??  Someone recently made a joke to me about hugging a tree on earth day.  I told them the best I could do was "look lovingly at the next piece of firewood I threw into the wood stove".

That didn't go over too well.

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Ya cut a few and plant a few , it all goes around , these people thinking that a tree will last for ever or what ...   ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

What a bunch of pretentious idiots.  Plant THEM help the forest grow.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Gary_C

That's a good idea TR. We could tell those environmentalists that they should just plant their own bodies near their beloved trees and they could nourish that tree for eternity, or at least until the worms get done.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

bck

:D :D :D Hope they were just passing through the state.    If they think the things living in the woods are THAT great may they be blessed with several hundred seed ticks for a good nights rest  ;)

As for planting them, I wouldnt want to grow more  ::)

ADAMINMO

Them people need some help!!

jrdwyer

Earth First has some pretty strange followers/believers. I guess it's better taking out your inner frustrations by wailing in the forest than spiking trees of sabotaging logging equipment.   

I hope they're not disturbing the peace at the beautiful Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest.

pasbuild

I'm thinking hallucinogenics
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

WH_Conley

Bill

TerryB

Thank you pappy for posting this.  I needed a good laugh.  :D

Bibbyman

Here is the original tree hugger,  my dad.  I've seen him literally hung thousands of trees.  He cut most of them down, but he hugged them first.  He found if he could touch his fingers around the tree, it would be about 16" at 8'.  If his fingers overlapped, it'd be 14".  If his fingers more than overlapped, they were too small – in some cases.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Dan_Shade

"bring me to this rock that has the most incredible life"

that sums it up....
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

easymoney

i wonder what they think the house they sleep in is made of. like a cousins husband that will not eat home grown food but has no problem with the food he buys from the super market.  ;D

jdtuttle

JUST PLAIN WEIRD
We got plenty upstate NY
:D :D :D
Have a great day

Hi-Country Orange

if a bunch of tree huggers scream in the forest , & a sawyer is not
present to witness it do they really make a sound ?? :P

Don K

I think those people are idiot enough to throw themselves on a chainsaw like a handgrenade to save a tree. ::) ???

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Texas Ranger

It begs the question, will environmental fat oil the chain as well as chain oil :P
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Corley5

What a bunch of freaks  ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Stephen1

I think they need a real job, instead of hanging on momy & dady's coatails.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

crtreedude

How much you want to bet I am doing more than the whole lot of them in reforestation, and they only time I hug a tree is to not fall out when pruning...  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

beenthere

Yep, and prolly we can all say that same thing.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

nas

If killing a tree is so terrible, what about a lettuce plant?  What will these people eat?  Hopefully nothing. ::) ??? :'(
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Thank You Sponsors!