iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got kicked out of tewksbury

Started by woodmills1, May 06, 2009, 08:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Was picking up logs in Tewksbury mass on the andover line, maybe the fifth load from the same house, but 2 seperate jobs months apart.  Yes I was in the street with the right lane blocked, but it is a bit of a boondocks with the occasional car and very rare 2 cars from both directions that I had monitord from the loader seat.  Well an officer stopped and told me I had to leave.  I begged him for 5-10 minutes of blue light so I could finish with one more trip instead of 2 and he said ok.  So I say I will be back tomorrow with 2 people to traffic control.  He says I need a detail.  I say didn't the govener allow private detail work, and he says only on state roads.  Well I have a detail for tomorrow morning, at $175 for a 4 hour minimum, and it gonna be raining like mad I think, and all I have left is the pine junl leftovers ::) ::) ::)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Dave Shepard

That's a bummer. At least they will get rained on. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Captain

woodmills1

I do maybe 70% of my pickups in mass but most are side streets.  This one is a main drag, but as I said it is sort of out there with a big field right after and not a lot of traffic, also straight no turns.  Weird things have happened there already.  We all know the I gotta go ona job site, look around no big tree to use so  the truck door to hide.  First load at this place and just as soon as I zip up and police car goes by...................ok level 3 sex offender(please feel free to delete if this crosses the unacceptable line)

third time at this place I throw the strap over the logs and i think wow it is gonna go all the way over the load.  It never does.  It just knicks the last log and stops as a tall jogger runs by the other side of the trailer.  If the strap made it it wodda conked the dude right in the temple and killed him.   scared the cra&^%$((**p outta me.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

rebocardo

It could be worse, you could be picking up logs in Roxbury or Dorchester.

beenthere

I'll be in Roxbury shortly..... 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

Captain

Never LOGS in Roxbury, but I've picked up some old BEAMS for resawing...Quincy, Braintree, Milton, even did a sawmill job in a backyard in Malden once.  Not to be repeated...

Scuba_Dave

Yup, good ole Taxachusetts
In many Towns the wives & friends of Police officers call in when they see something going on that they think should have a detail

woodmills1

wasen't night at the roxbuy the movie where the guy from saturnight live hit the car window and broke it with his head groovin to music?

woodmills1

so I payed my $175 today for the four hour minimum, 40 minutes total load time and i tiped him 20 bucks cash.  Hey, it never hurts to have a friend on a PD in any town you might go back through.

rebocardo

> $175 today for the four hour minimum, 40 minutes total load time

That had to hurt!

Mr Mom

I would have sat there for at least three hours taking a nap.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

treecyclers

And, at risk of adding salt AND lemon to the wound, I heard yesterday that the brillyunt mynds in the MA legislature are working on giving free cars to those on welfare to "help them find a job" or something to that nature.
Free car, insurance, fuel, and maintenance.
Where's the motivation to actually go out and get a job?
Let me see.
No job, free transportation, welfare check every two weeks, free subsidized housing, food stamps, free medical care, all on the taxpayer's dime.
Glad I was raised to actually have a work ethic, and aspire to something better, such as a productive member of society!
Glad you were able to get those logs out safely!
Superdave
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

easymoney

gotta do something with all those cars that are not selling. next thing you will hear that they are crushing the cars that are not selling to make room for more that will not sell. just like i read that in some places they are demolishing new homes that are not selling rather than reducing the prices. it makes you sick to see them being demolished and the lots cleared.

nas

Quote from: woodmills1 on May 08, 2009, 09:28:20 PM
so I payed my $175 today for the four hour minimum, 40 minutes total load time and i tiped him 20 bucks cash.  Hey, it never hurts to have a friend on a PD in any town you might go back through.
He took a cash tip?  Is that legal? 
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

stonebroke

I think the cops in Mass. do this on their own time but get to use the cop cars. Kinda legalised corruption.

Stonebroke

woodmills1

Actually he had his uniform on and a yellow cross tape reflector vest, but was driving his own chevy truck.  Tip???? who brought up cash tip???? It wasn't me :D :D :D :D

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WH_Conley

Prostitution might be more honest. :(
Bill

zopi

WH..I was going to say that.

Welcome to the communistwealth of Taxachusetts. Couldn't pay me to live there.

VA is heading that direction...I hear Idaho is nice this time of year.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Stan snider

That system sound like the way things operate in Mexico. You'all don't have Mexicans up there now do you? 

logwalker

I have to ask, why would you ever tip him after you paid him $175 for 40 minutes of standing around? Isn't that just encouraging them?
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

stonebroke

Because he who has the ticket book has the power.

Stonebroke

Thank You Sponsors!