iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Planer/Moulders

Started by Night Raider, April 28, 2009, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Raider

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with single sided planer/moulders.  They seem like they might have potential, but a lot of these combo machines seem to do both processes half as well as they should.  I'd only be using it occasionally for moulding, mostly for planing.  Also I've noticed they have tounge and groove knives I can't imagine this works well, if at all, but occasionally being able to mill tounge and groove would be great.

any opinions are appreciated
thanks

HOOF-ER

Search Woodmaster ,molder or moulder. They are putting 2 routers on a woodmaster planer and been hearing good things for making flooring.
Home built swing mill, 27hp Kawasaki

Justin W

I've used this woodmaster set up before. It's good for short runs but it's not a multi-sided planer.

Justin

woodmills1

I as well as I think some others have belsaw combination machines.  Mine does both functions well and has a 5 horse baldor 220 motor.  the secret to moulding is the guides you make or buy.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!