iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A whazzit from the Maritimes.

Started by SwampDonkey, April 26, 2009, 09:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

First off, what do you see? As in, what is happening?

What tree is it?

More clues as we go, unless someone gets it. Then, I'll post a few more pictures anyway. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mad dog

mad dog 78 acres,pasqualli tractor,L-15 woodmiser

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Not butternut, but it is a type of bud breaking for sure. ;)

Clark

Ash...maybe black ash.  No clue what is happening with the insects.

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

SwampDonkey

Yup Clark, black ash. But it ain't insects.  ;D

SwampDonkey

This is what develops a little later on from those insects. ;D

SwampDonkey

Finally, they over winter looking like this. This branch has some new ones emerging this spring.

They are black ash pollen flowers. ;)

Ever see anything more alien? ;D

Clark

I was going to (honestly!) say something about flowers, but I've never seen black ash flowers that small or that close up.  Very neat.  It always amazes me how much more you can see when you slow down and really observe things.

Thanks for the picture, I'll have to keep an eye out for that when I'm back home.

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

Thank You Sponsors!