iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-Classic Summer Operation

Started by antos_ketcham, April 24, 2009, 07:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antos_ketcham

Anyone run their E-Classic in the summer yet? Any tips for best operation for heating DHW?

Pete

bandmiller2

My own opinion,I would not run any outside furnace ,reguardless of class, in the summer.It just fouls them up irratates the neighbors and brings about restrictions.Solar water heaters are old tech. and work well in the summer,save your wood for the winter.Folks that sell outside furnaces often do a disservice to customers and make claims that stretch the truth to the limit.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

Pete,didn't mean to come on too strong but I'am old and opinionated.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

GooseCreekFarmGreg

I suggest extra water storage to allow high temp burn of longer duration,then pull heat off the storage

Button

I have run my woodmaster for 4 yrs without a shutdown. In the summer I only fill once per day about 1/3 of a load. I have found to only used very seasoned wood or the smoke is excessive and the fire goes out if nobody uses hot water for the day.
66 timberjack 230
394xp
365 special x 2
woodmaster
the rabbits may outrun the skidder but the saw will catch up to the tree

whodoctor

I burn mine in the summer for DW.  I light it once at night before bed, and throw in whatever wood I have laying around.  It doesn't burn much, and I have no neighbors at all, so no worries there.  I imagine it might be cheaper to burn oil, but I prefer to give my money to the farmer who delivers the wood, rather than have it end up out of country.  Wood is one of the few products I buy that I know where my money actually ends up.  By lighting it once a day, the water is always hot enough.  I turn my boiler temp down to 160 in the summer.
Success is following the pattern of life that one enjoys the most

yellowzo6

just use a small amount of dry wood. don't load it to the max like you would do in winter

Thank You Sponsors!