iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hammermills

Started by JBS 181, April 19, 2009, 09:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS 181

What is the difference between hammermills that grind livestock feed and hammermills that grind wood?

Jeff

Well, I know that tub grinder that they used to bring into our mill to process bark (grind to uniform size) was the same one the company used to grind round bales. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Meadows Miller

Gday

And welcome to the forum JBS  ;) ;D  ;D 8) 8) 8) You have come to the rite place  ;) there are plenty of Cluey Blokes around here Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

With the difference between Feed Mills and Wood Hogs the main thing is the Hammer size and the duty cycle as it takes a hell off alot more force to breakup solid wood waste opposed to just breaking up feed for animals  ;) like i say with anything you build (or Buy) the heavy'st duty thing you can get as this games pretty bloody hard on gear from the start Mate  ;) :D ;D 8)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Chico

I would think the hammersize would prob be the biggest diff. They both should have diff screen sizes for diff size material . The wood hog usually has a carbide anvil and the tolerances would be tighter imo than a feed mill but they are the same in the the principal of operation
Chico
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Thank You Sponsors!