iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much water should be coming out

Started by brdmkr, April 16, 2009, 09:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

I hate to just keep asking questions, but I am sure that Nyle tech support is not working when I am able to work with my kiln.  I have already posted that I am over temp.  I thought that the goal was to run all moisture through the DH, but the concensus here and from Nyle is to open the door until the temp goes down.  Through conversations with Nyle, I have found that the 'safty valve' on the compressor is based on pressure and is not controlled by the kiln controller.  So, if the compressor hits too much pressure, the valve trips and the compressor no longer works.  I was told the only way to tell if this has happened is that water stops flowing.  If water is flowing at all, should I be concerned?  I am really not sure about the amount of water that is coming off of 1200 bdft of SYP at 125 F.  It is basically barely a trickle.  Maybe this is the way it is supposed to workl?  If water should be flowing, there is a good chance I need to press the reset button, but if a slow trickle is all I should expect then everything is likely fine.  Any suggestions are appreciated as I am about as confused by all of this as I can be. 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

brdmkr

I'm gonna answer my own question.  I just got back from checking the kiln.  The trickle equates to about 20 gallons/day or about 167 lbs of water a day.   I pulled off about 1 and1/8 cup in 5 minutes.  I'm just adding this in case someone, in the near future, is paranoid like me ;D
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Ronnie Hubbell

Brdmkr, I'd think that there is not much doubt that your compressor is working. Sounds like quite a bit of water it's pulling out of the atmosphere within your kiln. Especially for no more Bd Ft of wood you have in it. If I had any worries it might be that it's drying it too fast ?
                                                                                                              Ronnie
Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln
Log Master LM1 30HP Manual

scsmith42

It sounds like you're ok.  From what I've seen on mine, in the early states of the drying process the compressor is running more constantly than in the latter stages of drying, and there is a noticble difference between the cycles (and volume - seems less as the wood dries).
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

karl

"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Thank You Sponsors!