iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Draft for the new Energy Bill of 2009

Started by Tom, April 14, 2009, 09:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Here is the PDF LINK

You'll notice that the link is to a draft, but did you hear Pres. Obama repeat some of the same words in his speech today? 

You might have thought that Global Warming, Carbon Credits, Carbon sequestration, and some of the other buzz words of the Gore-esque side of politics was shot down, since things have been so quiet for the last couple of months.  But, guess again.  this document is full of it and also touches the American Public from the National Forests to local building codes.   Want to read how it's planned for the States to answer to the Feds on yet another subject?  Read this bill.

I wonder if our Representatives are working for their State or for the Federal Government.  Wouldn't it be great if they could be taken off of the Federal Payroll and put on the payroll of their own individual State?  Then you might see a change in who they owed their allegiance.

mrcaptainbob

This dovetails nicely with the GM takeover. New ownership will steer the company towards a larger hybrid manufacture and the new electrical grid infrastructure as 'provided' by this proposal would support it. Interesting. Thanks for posting this. All a part of a general plan.

BBTom

Reading just the index gives me the willies. 

It is long past time for a revolution. 

The "government" needs to be cut off at the knees, and brought back in line with the constitution.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Modat22

I like the idea of a climate change threat research team and climate adaptation research team.
remember man that thy are dust.

Ron Wenrich

Interesting to note that biomass from Federal land doesn't qualify.  That includes slabwood.

Do these guys ever do a cost/benefit analysis for the bills that they write?  It seems to me that it would take a lot longer to write a bill if there was an analysis.  How about an environmental impact statement?
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

mrcaptainbob

I'd bet the laws, codes and regulations would be written differently if it applied to the Senators and Representatives as well as the general population. I'd like to see the 'other horse' technique applied to these law makers, too. That's where the owner rides the other's horse. Senators and Reps could only suggest and vote on what goes on in other states.

Rocky_Ranger

The new Energy Bill is up for debate and we have a group of southern lawmakers going to insert language that allows forest products into the mix.  One of our Congressmen (a blue dog member) talked to us a week ago Thursday, the same night our little town got blown to bits (the northern half anyway) and helped set the record straight on the Energy Bill.  I guess we'll wait and see - sure need a source of all this fiber laying around in huge piles.  FS lost several hundred acres out by the Oklahoma line in a separate storm than hit here.  Lost or severely damaged 600 homes in town and about 400 more in the rural area.  What a mess.........
RETIRED!

Ron Scott

Yes, it's being debated to include public lands also. Hope some common sense prevails.
~Ron

Black_Bear

The Waxman-Markey draft bill, if enacted as written, could cripple the biomass market in New England. Many New England companies count on approximately 15% of the total tonnage of a job coming from biomass. Many other areas of the country do not rely on biomass as a legitimate contributor to the bottom line, but there are times, such as the aforementioned midwest storm, when mother nature takes over and forces our hand.   

I urge all of us involved with the forest products industry to write our Reps. and Senators and have the definition of woody biomass changed to reflect the "real world" and not some Utopian, tree-hugging kingdom dreamed up by the writers of the 2007 renewable-fuel-standard bill, which, by the way, was an "11th hour" submission and was considered by many in the forest products industry as being a "mistake" that would eventually be corrected. Elected officials can be found here:

https://writerep.house.gov  or www.senate.gov

OneWithWood

Black_Bear is right on the money.  Bitching griping about the bill won't cause any changes.  It is very important that you contact your elected representatives and educate them as to why it is critical that public lands not be excluded and that the term 'woody biomass' be defined as including slash and other fuel loads in our woodlands.

If the misguided and misinformed folks carry the day on this on the reprecussions will last a long while.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!