iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Billy Bob blowup

Started by Handy Andy, April 13, 2009, 05:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handy Andy

Watched the utube video of the Billy Bob blowup, and read some news articles about it, said the crowd booed the band in Montreal.  The Boxmasters canceled the rest of the Canadian tour and will join the tour in Connecticut on Tuesday.
  Kathy tried to call JD on Sunday, but he didn't answer so she left a message.  Maybe he'll call back today.
  Looked like Billy is tired of these media guys just wanting to talk celebrity bs and  not talking about the band and the music.  At first I thought he was doing a publicity stunt to draw attention to the band and their new album's release,  but not so sure now.
  They will be on the Jimmy Kimmel show Apr 21, and the Bonnie Hunt show the 24th.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Tom Sawyer

It seemed to me that the host only mentioned his acting career in passing in the introduction and all of the questions were music related.  Billy Bob came across as a complete jerk and the other band members seemed pretty embarassed.  I don't think too many people in Canada will miss him, but I may be wrong.  Like it or not, he is most well known as an actor and I can't imagine why he has a problem with people mentioning his acting career when they introduce him ???  Is he that ashamed of his acting work ???

Tom

beenthere

If it was the interview I saw, this Billy Bob was higher than a kite on something. Almost completely incoherent and his eyes glazed over. Looked like he was ready to fall outta his chair, or fall asleep, as he mumbled for something to say.
He's a doper.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

firefighter

He had to run back home ,I guess Canadians showed  him we donot alway sit on our hands and we like gravey on our potatoes go riddance and donot come back.

Handy Andy

Amazing the difference between being there and reading about it on the news.  JD said they got a standing O in when they finished playing in Toronto, but that a couple guys heckled Billy. Guess the TV guy had a couple friends there. 

fishpharmer

Quote from: beenthere on April 13, 2009, 11:11:56 AM
If it was the interview I saw, this Billy Bob was higher than a kite on something. Almost completely incoherent and his eyes glazed over. Looked like he was ready to fall outta his chair, or fall asleep, as he mumbled for something to say.
He's a doper.

That was my first impression as well. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Sprucegum

I saw him on the news as well. He didn't look like anyone you should take seriously but if you were to get to know him he would probably be a "Good Feller"  ;)  :D

isawlogs

I did not finish looking at the video, I felt sorry for the man doing the interview and gave up , that guy is wasted , too bad  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Handy Andy

Talked to JD yesterday, he said they went in at 6am to the studio, were supposed to play first so they set up and were ready to perform, and the guy walked in and said we're doin the interview first.  Then he proceeded to run down Obama, America and Americans, talking about how stupid we are, and Billy just got sore and didn't cooperate with his interview.  JD said he wished Billy had winked or given the rest of them some sign.  Anyway, guess the next day  their record sales went up significantly.

fishpharmer

there's always two sides to every story.   
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sawdust

I felt kind of bad for his three band members they looked really uncomfortable. They did a good job holding the interview together. Billy seemed really flat and emotionless mostly.
I can only go on what I saw, there are always at least two sides to a story and the truth usually lies somewhere else.

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Handy Andy

Looked at " www.theBoxmasters.com " tonite, and found an article posted there called
"In defense of Billy Bob", which explained a lot about the interview that started all the commotion in Canada. 

Thank You Sponsors!