iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Machine Gun Tree Felling

Started by WIwoodworker, April 04, 2009, 10:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIwoodworker

I suppose if you need to let off a little steam you could always get out your machine gun and mow down a couple of trees to put on the mill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeycWqxdTVY&NR=1
Peterson 9" WPF

DRB

Looks fun but that would be a very expensive way to cut down a tree.  Not to mention the need be sure things are clear for a mile downrange.  470 rounds to do one tree.  I think you can get .303 for around 30 cents a round.  That is $141 in ammo for one small tree.

tyb525

I wasn't really too impressed. :-\
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

McCormack

I love it! It combines two of my favorite hobbies and offends the tree huggers all at the same time!

Jeff

What a waste. Norm and Patty took a whole silo down with a whole lot less ammunition being spent.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

js2743

JSNH

It is a fun way to bring down a tree. I was at a shoot and they had a 50/50 drawing. I think it was $10 ea and by random drawing of the entries you had 10 seconds to shoot at a 6' telephone pole piece planted in the ground 75 yards out from the firing line. In the 10 seconds you could fire anything. If you did not cut it off it went to the next person. It took 12 turns for it to fall. I bet $400 of ammo went toward that pole.

primitivecustoms

If at first you don\'t succeed, slam it on the floor, kick it across the shop, blast it with a shotgun, tell the kids to cut it up for firewood and try try again.

Dave Shepard

A friend of mine used that to clear landing zones in the service with primer cord. Amazing stuff.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!