iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One wire short of turning it on

Started by brdmkr, April 01, 2009, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

All of my wiring for the kiln is complete....... Except for one wire!  All of the wires from the controller were numbered to correspond with numbers on the terminal connector, except for one wire.  Problem is, there is one numbered connection on the terminal and one blank connection.  Becuase the blank connection is not numbered, I figure that this wire goes there (basically it is not used by the kiln).   The numbered terminal is jumpered (two terminals wired together).  I figure they are just splitting the one input wire.  I will call Nyle tomorrow to check on this, but I was just too big of a chicken to hook it up without being sure :(
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Ronnie Hubbell

Hi brdmkr, I just encountered that while wiring my controller up also. Seems to me like there was a un-numbered white/green striped  wire that hooked to the very top un-numbered terminal on the terminal block. The other side of the terminal post had a green wire on it. I tracked them down and found that they were both just ground wires connecting the frame grounds together. Don't know if this is your situation or not.
                                                                   Ronnie
Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln
Log Master LM1 30HP Manual

brdmkr

Hey Ronnie.  Mine is striped as well, the only wire that is stiped.  The top terminal is unnumbered, but there is no wire coming off of the other side.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Ronnie Hubbell

Brdmkr, I went out and cracked open the corner of my cover so I could see the terminal block. My striped wire that goes to the top terminal is yellow with a green stripe.( comes from the controller main harness.) The other side of the same top terminal has a green wire attached that comes from the top fan motor harness.( Comes out of the aluminum wall just to the right of the terminal block, from the fan motor, along with the two hot wires to fan motor. ) It appears to be just a ground connection between the controller box and the DH unit. Hope this helps.
                                                       Ronnie
Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln
Log Master LM1 30HP Manual

brdmkr

Ronnie,

I just talked with folks at Nyle.  It is just a ground, but in my kiln the top terminal is empty.  I was told to attach it directly to the ground lug.  Should be able to run a test soon 8)

Thank You Sponsors!