iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Children and Safety

Started by underdog, March 30, 2009, 01:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

underdog

beenthere

Sure it was preventable. Some will even think it should be handled by passing another law.
Sounds a bit like the kid was being responsible and reporting a fire out of control. Big responsibility for a 6 and 9 year old. But something they can prolly handle.

Knowing what 6 year old kids do, or anyone for that matter, is a reason for being alert when cutting a tree.

I think a good reason for the plunge cut, where the tree stands on the hinge and the holding wood at the back, while the faller checks the surrounding area before releasing the tree.

I almost dropped one on an adult photographer, who at the last moment ran around to the drop zone to get a better angle on my procedure. All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I saw him squatted down in the fall line. The tree was releasing as I yelled for him to get the....(run). He made it with only some brushing on his back but didn't knock on his hard hat.

Prayers for the family of the boy.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thats a verry sad thing to hear but it does happen  :o :) :(   Safty whith Kids and dangerous situations is a hard issue as some know what to do and follow the rules and some do most of the times proboly like that poor kid as he mostlikley saw the fire as somthing that could get out off hand so it took priority  :( And some Kids you should just leave at home as they dont listen anyway  and if i have any like that thats exactly what will be happening  ;) You Just Never Know with life what card you will get delt tho do you  ;)

I was lucky as a kid to go where ever Dad went you just had to what you where told to do  ;) ;D 8) 8) but like hes said plenty of times if i was a pita to take i would have been left at home  ;) :D ;D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

ErikC

Almost that very thing happened to a man my wife worked with about 10 years ago. The boy was 3 I think, and just wandered too close all of a sudden. About the saddest funeral you could have, by the way. The family was destroyed, and eventually split. There were 3 or 4 kids, he was the youngest. Hope this poor guy has a better recovery.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

rebocardo

I said a pray for the father, that has to be about the worse thing to happen to a parent. Surely a reminder to drive safely too. It is one of the main reasons my kids rarely go with me on tree falling jobs if I am alone, yuo always need a second set of eyes when children are involved.

Tombstone

Prayers for the father and family......
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

Thank You Sponsors!