iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberwolf Log Splitter?

Started by Mark M, August 14, 2003, 12:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

I'm thinking about maybe getting a log splitter. Debating whether or not to build one or buy one. Timberwolf has what looks to be a pretty good unit. Does anyone have any experience with them or their products? How about other brands?

Thanks
Mark

Jeff

As many logs as you have, dont you have the ultimate log spitter now?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Captain

My tree service friend sells for Timberwolf.  The products are the best I have ever seen.  I should see if he still has it and take some pictures. He had a T-Wolf splitter there that had some huge 250+HP CAT Diesel engine, and a ram push that was about 3ft high.  It was designed for people to split the ultimate logs, much like many of you folks are doing with black powder. It had a price tag of around 30-40K. I did not see it run, but it was impressive, the whole thing worked by wireless remote control.  

Timberwolf's designs are pretty unique and their durability is legendary here in New England

Captain

biziedizie

Mark dontcha think that maybe you should start off small??? Like maybe an axe or something??? :D :D

OK I can see that I can't be of any help to you so I will vamoose. :D :D

Steve

Mark M

The one's I am looking at are just small 8-11 hp units. My wife is thinking along the same lines as Jeff, but I think it will be a lot of work to split logs with the sawmill, maybe not?

whitepe

Mark,
It sounds like you got a really bad case of tool fever...
Don't go green on us cause you might die.   :D
PEW
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Mark M

Well I hate to tell you this Perry but I've about got my wife talked into getting one of those nice JD garden tractors. They have some pretty attractive financing packages until the end of October. The guys across the street get a kick out of it when us Cat guys come over there to buy tractors. :) Our branch has one as does my boss who is a VP.

Thank You Sponsors!