iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Disappearing Doors

Started by Tom, March 28, 2009, 10:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

http://www.disappearing-car-door.com/

An advertisement, with a video, of a door design that rollsdown beneath the car.

breederman

I wonder how you would get out when it is frozen shut with slush? :-\
Together we got this !

Tom

Perhaps this the first "Southern" car.  :D

I thought the same thing.  I also thought about the problems of getting out of car that was submerging.  The sliding door would open against the water pressure allright as long as the electric motors worked.  But, if they shorted out, you would be in a lot of trouble. :)

Paul_H

Tom,

I've heard the puddles in your driveway are pretty deep :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tom

That's what some have called them, Deep Puddles. 

I've taken to scub a diving in them. There are some big fish that live in the caves alongside of the ruts and I found a Spanish Galleon in one and am waiting for the State to sell me permits to salvage her.

I might be able to give those doors a good test.  :D

Paul_H

Wow,those Spanish Galleons are a lot bigger than our Imperial Galleons.Ours are only for quartz.

fishpharmer

Tom,
Thats a cool door.  I could see an application for handicap accessable/driven vehicles.  Couldn't imagine it would be cost effective to produce.  At least compared to manual hinged doors.   I wonder if they could make a door that disappears upward.  Kinda a modified gullwing door.  The gullwing never seems to have caught on.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Tom

The Gullwing was the first  thing that came into my mind when I was opening the ad.  You're right, Invalid access would be a market.  :)

The Spanish Gallons are pretty big.  It's the chinese Junks that I hope I don't find.  Gael is already mad about my treasures.

Paul_H

Is she trying to get you to shake your booty?

Tom

thecfarm

I thought Charlie said there was gators in them puddles.He had to keep the windows up so the gators wouldn't chew his arm off.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DR_Buck

Quote from: thecfarm on March 29, 2009, 07:07:27 AM
I thought Charlie said there was gators in them puddles.He had to keep the windows up so the gators wouldn't chew his arm off.  :D

When I turned my rental car in after a visit to Tom they wanted to know what happened to the tires.    The guy thought they looked they had 'gator' bites in them.    smiley_deadheaders_buddy
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!