iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

For Southerners, eating breakfast is an art.

Started by CHARLIE, March 24, 2009, 12:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

TTs Im taking notes Mate  ;) :D ;D so you mean that i can use heaps aslong as they are of different types Mate  ;) :D ;D 8) 8) that sounds good to me  ;) :D  :D ;D

Anyway i was meaning to find the thred that we where talking about you Vert band mill idea i was thinking along those lines myself with the meadows you would need to put in an offsett facility on the headrig to give the band some clearance on the return tho which wouldnt be too hard to rig up as it would only need to move 1/4 to 3/4 s of an inch  mate  ;) ;D  ill try finding the tred so i dint hijack this one  ;) :D :D :D ;)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

CHARLIE

QuotePaul H said, "I'm not too fussy what I eat for breakfast.When I'm working,breakfast is a peanut butter and honey sandwich eaten with one hand and the other on the wheel, or hands on the controls and the sandwich on my lap.It aint pretty."

QuoteGary C said, "That's the way with me now too. I even had to give up the peanut butter and get just a glass of OJ and a bowl of bran flakes."

Case and point. Get north of the Mason/Dixon Line and the tater eaters just don't know the art of eating a fine breakfast of eggs, fried ham or bacon or sausage and grits with plenty of butter and biscuits and honey. Case closed.

QuoteJeff said, "Says the man from Minnesota...."

This boy doesn't live in Minnesota any more.  The South sent me up to teach Minnesotans how to eat breakfast. I did the best I could and now am training Wisconsinites. But I'll take the blame for saying that as long as I get all the credit.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

QuoteCase and point. Get north of the Mason/Dixon Line and the tater eaters just don't know the art of eating a fine breakfast of eggs, fried ham or bacon or sausage and grits with plenty of butter and biscuits and honey. Case closed.

A person would need to get up at 3am for something like that on a work day unless it was made the night before and all went into the blender and into a mug for the road in the morning .
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

CHARLIE

Now see Paul....you are opening up another can of worms here. Southerners can put together a mighty fine breakfast in no time. It's just in the knowing of when to do what. Blender? That's for those north of the Mason/Dixon Line that have convinced themselves that they are so busy they only have time to eat a can of Instant Breakfast. :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

But Charlie,it wouldn't be instant if it was made the night before.

CHARLIE

Charlie

Paul_H

Yes,indeed,blending the best from both sides the Mason Dixon line.

CHARLIE

QuotePaul H wrote in the Food section,
Re: GRITS
« Reply #18 on: Today at 11:01:24 AM »   

I just had a feed of Ham,eggs and grits,twas good!

Something tells me that Paul knows how to eat a fine breakfast if he puts his mind to it and slows down just a bit to enjoy it. :)
Charlie

WDH

I wanted to post here just to be sure that I could follow along on this thread.  It is fun!  Slap the northerners in the face and say they don't know DanG about breakfast and then sit back and watch the fireworks.  Kinda like slapping a big hornets nest and staying there to count the hornets.  Charlie, you are a brave man ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Paul_H

beenthere

We've got Charlie in Wisconsin now, and we are not interested in giving him up. Gives us "flavor" that we like.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

Quote from: WDH on March 25, 2009, 12:24:19 AM
Kinda like slapping a big hornets nest and staying there to count the hornets.  Charlie, you are a brave man ;D.

Would be about the same as moving to Wisconsin and remaining a Viking Fan.   ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

asy

Well,

Andrew's favourite Brekkie is two eggs (sunny side up) on crunchy (wholemeal) toast, butterred. Then a whole can of baked beans poured over the top. ALWAYS served as hot as possible.

Sometimes with bacon strips under the eggs. Sometimes with chicken pieces.  Always accompanied by a couple of cups of hot coffee.

I usually have yoghurt, sometimes with museli in it, and sometimes with a chopped up banana..

I must admit, however, one of the things I'm looking forward to in the USA (when I get there... one day) is trying all the different brekkies I've heard about.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Jeff

You'll have to bring yer own vegimite and marmite when ya come., although I may still have some that was sent to me many years ago  ;)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lmbeachy

Yeah, and if you don't have ham, sausage, or bacon to go with the eggs, why scrapple works just as well.
hotfoot

Fla._Deadheader

Also, pack a couple of Girdles. You are going to need 'em.  :o ::) ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Tha's  Griddles, not Girdles, Harold.  :D

Radar67

All this talk about breakfast and narry a picture one....shame, shame... :(

Guess this will have to do.  :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

There ya go, a picture of a southern breakfast that looks just like a northern one. Stew, according to Charlie then, since you eat like we do, you must not know how to eat that. Send it up. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

Boy o' boy, that would fill up my breakfast travel mug to the rim.  :P

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Radar67

Quote from: Jeff on March 25, 2009, 04:05:31 PM
you must not know how to eat

Well someone needs to tell my doc that, cause she said I need to cut back on my eating.  :D :D

For those who are hungry, Don K sure can fix you up, this had everything in it, except grits. I love my grits and eggs, but an omlett is another taste sensation I relish alone. It contains nearly all the food groups in one wrapping.  ;)

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Bibbyman

Quote from: Radar67 on March 25, 2009, 03:35:05 PM
All this talk about breakfast and narry a picture one....shame, shame... :(

Guess this will have to do.  :D

I ain't got time to take a pictue!  When it's done, it's time to eat!   :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

Radar67

The grits were at DanGs house, which was visited a few days later.  :) And some of the best grits I ever ate they were.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!