iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newbie here

Started by Shadyremanner, March 23, 2009, 12:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadyremanner

Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to introduce myself.  Im brand new here, Im work in the lumber industry in a sales postion with a Sawmill and Secondary Manufacturer in western Canada (Im lucky I still have my computer and they haven't cut that yet).  Anyway, with all this extra time on my hands I figured I would sign on here and see what you can teach me.

Anyway, wanted to introduce myself.

Tom

Welcome to the Forum Shadyremanner.

Lots of knowledge here, but we recognize that education works both ways.  :D

Draw a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.

Do you have any Pictures, or good stories?  ;D

ErikC

Welcome. Let us know more about what you're up to in the lumber department. :)
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Shadyremanner

Quote from: ErikC on March 23, 2009, 01:06:54 PM
  Welcome. Let us know more about what you're up to in the lumber department. :)

Well Im in sales so not a whole lot.  Our company sells about 150 000 000 FBM annually or SPF products.  We try avoid producing dimension lumber because of the mega mills selling for huge losses, it's not fun for use to try lose as much money as the big boys.

Any other questions?  I would be happy to share my tainted and limited knowledge.

Warbird

Welcome!  Do you get much Alaskan timber?

Shadyremanner

Quote from: Warbird on March 24, 2009, 11:02:41 AM
Welcome!  Do you get much Alaskan timber?

We receive no alaskan lumber.

ErikC

Unfortunately you'll have plenty of time for the FF then. Maybe good for us though. ;D We talk about lumber markets all the time, you'll fit right in.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Meadows Miller

Gday

And welcome to the forum Shady  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) most of us are litttle fellas  ;) and we dont play by the same rule book the big boys do  :o :o :) :) ::)  ;) :D :D :D
Like what Eric asked  ;) how are thing going mate  ??? ;) ;D ;D I look forward to your imput  ;) ;D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

tyb525

There's Chris (meadows miller) he's a very knowledgeable guy once you get past the smileys.  ;) :D He runs quite a big operation by himself!

I myself have a little LT10 and am probably complete opposites from your operation, except I don't cut dimensional either. :D

Welcome to the forum, there's lots to be learned here.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thanks Ty im not too big but i have enough gear to keep afew blokes busy but i just cant seem to bring myself to put them on Mate . Im trying mate lol thats about 5 people now that have brought up my excessive smily useage now mate so heres a post W/o any for you Blokes Lmao

Reguards Chris

schakey

Now come on Chris your smileys always make my day. smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bounce fly_smiley smiley_hellow_im_here Welcome Shadyremanner a lot of good people and info here.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Ironmower

Welcome there shadyremanner, be warned; you'll become an addict pc_smiley as I :D :D. Lots of great guys & gals here smiley_beertoast, with a wealth of information 8)
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

beav39

welcom lots of good info here as well as people.im sure that you have alot of input to so grab a coffe and stay awhile                        scot
sawdust in the blood

WH_Conley

Come on and sit a spell while we pick on Chriss for a bit. :D :D
Bill

Kevin

Do you get much timber from Texas ?   :D

Warbird

huh???  We need a head scratching smiley.

Paul_H

Maybe you need to do more reading in other sections  ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Warbird

Wanna help me out and tell me which section?  I read quite a few but do not have time to read them all.

Paul_H

Texas is in the title,Logging and Forestry section
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Banjo picker

Quote from: Warbird on March 29, 2009, 12:21:54 PM
huh???  We need a head scratching smiley.

There is one on here somewhere.  I have seen it. ;) 

Welcome Shady

And Chris if you gona back off  :o :o  I'll have to pick up the pace. ;) :D ;D  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Jodi

Warbird

Quote from: Paul_H on March 29, 2009, 12:54:52 PM
Texas is in the title,Logging and Forestry section

I get it now.  LOL  Thanks.

Banjo picker

I told you we had a head scratcher. ;D  I had em all rowed up easy to find an the wife cleaned em off the page... Takes a while to get em back with dial up.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

tyb525

Just havin some fun Chris  ;) I happen to find your smileys refreshing  8) ;D :D :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Somehow i think we hijacked the thred fellas  ::) ;) :D :D :D ;) Nah ive got pretty thick skin so it does'nt worry me At All  ;) ;D 8)
and im glad there are afew of you that enjoy reading my posts the smily thing was to make sure i didnt upsett some ppl as i can be sarcastic at times its part off being an Aussie  i think  ;)  :D but i find i dont give very many sarcastic responses anyway prob only one or two outa 500 odd ;) :D :D ;)
and Tim you can put all the smilys you want to in your posts mate  ;) ;D and i know what its like being on bloody dialup  Mate ::) ::) its a Pita at times thats why I usually stick to the ones (smileys) that are already at the top of the page  ;) ;D

and i dont think I Could back off even if i tried i couldnt even make a smiley free one when i ment to   :o :) ::) ;) :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;)

Reguards Chris

Thank You Sponsors!