iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Craigslist Plunder

Started by Larry, March 21, 2009, 03:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

I know it is a bad habit but I just couldn't resist when I saw the add where a cabinet shop was selling out on craigslist...so bright and early off I go this morning.

And this is one of many items that followed me home.

Plug and play...maybe dates to the 50's but I'm not all that familiar with Walker Turner.

The funky Walker Turner do everything blade guard.  It has a poor repair but at least all the parts are there.

Woodworkers of today think that stupid Wixley guage is the ultimate in accuracy...Walker Turner has it beat and there gauge don't take no stupid batteries. ;D

The USA part just somehow seems to make the machine run better. :) 

The real bargains were on cabinet hinges/glides...got nuff to do cabinets for couple more houses.  More scaffold sections and nother 10 gauge extension cord for $5.  Picked up some spanish cedar...how come that don't grow here? :P  The owner was selling a almost new Grizzly shaper for $650 which included maybe $400 worth of cutters...somehow I managed to get most of the cutters. :)  When I left the guy still had a like new 18" Ricon bandsaw and three good condition contractor style table saws.  There was a Vega edge sander and bunch of other stuff...the small tools were bout gone.  All with excellent prices on them and he deals.  PM me if ya want his number.

BTW my new Walker Turner jointer is going into the tool archives as the Delta jointers have been busy multiplying and I need to attend to them. :o  Of course if somebody had a machine that interested me...say a 12" disc sander made in the USA, I might be tempted to pull the jointer out for a trade.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ironwood

Walker Turner was bought out by Delta in the late 40's early 50's. I have one of their last catalogs here. I owned one those jointers and radial saw and radial drill (very unusual tool). Good stuff, hence being bought out. Cresent was also bought out by Delta bout hte same time, some of the equipment has Delta/ Cresent/ Rockwell all on one tag.  :P

Been plundering myself lately on Craig's, today I just brought home a 8' x 18' aluminum ice delivery truck body for a small kiln, I also got a 7 KW Kohler generator/air comp/ heat exchanger from the same guy last week. From another guy  I bought a pair of Quincy 10 hp compressors mounted on the same tank (designed to alternate)  model 350's , as I say "big air" ;D Looking to do my part stimulating the economy too:D

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!