iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Computer Genius needed

Started by cheyenne, March 20, 2009, 09:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheyenne

Every time I try to watch a vidio it comes up that my Java is disabled or I need to download the new Adobe flash player. My Java is enabled and I can't download the flash player. Adobe is no help at all they cant even speak English. AOL is no help either. Then I had a friend who writes computer software security systems for a living try to fix it and it's worse. Can anyone help me... pc_smiley....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

Jeff

Are you using internet explorer or firefox?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

You should not need java to watch a video, but you do need flash.

cheyenne

I knew it would be you...Thank you..... I'm using Internet Explorer, Windows XP,AOL & Verizon DSL Broadband

Jeff

Download firefox and try it.  You wont be sorry. Its faster and, more secure and less prone to some of the evils thrown at internet explorer. If that does not work, we'll have to go from there.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

cheyenne

Thank you, How's the Puppy...Cheyenne

rebocardo

The older MS OSs (ME, Win 98, NT, etc.) can not run the latest flash version, windows media, or OO (2.1 is the only one that will work) because the hooks for the software mentioned is not in their latest unsupported OS DDL from MS.

About the only way around it without buying VISTA or XP, is to run Ubunta (unix) and Firefox.

My $0.02 FWIW

logwalker

FIREFOX, FIREFOX, RAH RAH RAH
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Jeff

Quote from: rebocardo on March 20, 2009, 10:11:44 PM
The older MS OSs (ME, Win 98, NT, etc.) can not run the latest flash version, windows media, or OO (2.1 is the only one that will work) because the hooks for the software mentioned is not in their latest unsupported OS DDL from MS.

About the only way around it without buying VISTA or XP, is to run Ubunta (unix) and Firefox.

My $0.02 FWI

He said in his post that he was running xp

rebocardo

> software security systems for a living try to fix it and it's worse

I forget what the 32 bit DDL is, but, you have to reinstall it. Otherwise -crash- and unstable. I think it is the MFC or MSI one ... I forget which Abbv. acronym it is.

rebocardo

Quote from: Jeff on March 20, 2009, 10:15:20 PM
Quote from: rebocardo on March 20, 2009, 10:11:44 PM

My $0.02 FWI

Sometimes ships pass in the night, so do posts. I didn't see the XP in the 1st post  ;)

He said in his post that he was running xp

Warbird

So did moving to FF fix your problem?

cheyenne

I downloaded Firefox but it wont download the flash player....Should I kick it....Cheyenne

Warbird

cheyenne

That's what wont download...Cheyenne

Warbird

Mine wouldn't either until I went here: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html and clicked the "Get latest version" link.  I was then able to click the "Agree and install now" link that appeared to start the zipped up .dmg file to download.

I'm on a Mac, though.  Your results may vary.

cheyenne

I would like to say thank you for everyones help. I don't know how it happened but I can watch vidios on youtube using Firefox but not AOL Last nite it wouldn't work now it works. Could it be the boot in the keester I gave it  8) 8) 8)....Cheyenne

Jeff

AOL uses an accelerator in its browser that screws up photos and probably videos as well.

johnjbc

If you have Verizon DSL Broadband why are you running AOL?
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

cheyenne

Because Effie gets it free....And I obey.....Cheyenne

SwampDonkey

A few years back when I was using IE with an older version of the OS it wouldn't let me access certain encrypted sites. I figured out why. The version of IE I was running did not have the 128 bit encryption, so I had to upgrade to that. It was the same IE version, but with 128 bit encryption. You could find that out in the "About IE" menu. Why bother including IE unless it's the one everyone requires to access their encrypted sites?  :-X ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

throw some $$$$$ at it. enough green will fix anything ::)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

SwampDonkey

That's M$S$'s philosophy, it hasn't worked yet. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

keep throwing more at it :D that's what washington does ::)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

rebocardo

Thank You Sponsors!