iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Da Picnic

Started by chet, August 10, 2003, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Wife Judy and I had a very good time at dis years picnic and weenie roast. Without exception there wasn't a single person that we met that we didn't feel that we had known forever.
     And Wildflower, I am exspecting you and Jeffy ta hand deliver dat piggy dat you promissed me.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin

As far as hooters go, it was a hoot.  ;D

Escanaba is just around the corner.

chet

Hooters tent!   :o  Well, I'll be DanG'd, I missed it.   :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

OneWithWood

It was well worth the trip to meet up with other FFers.  JeffB and Tammy were excellent hosts for the weenie roast Friday night.  Thank-you both for the food and beverage.  I had a great time visiting with the Brokaws, Chet and Judy and JEffB's extended family.
More forum members were in attendance at the picnic on Saturday.  I really enjoyed meeting and learning from all the members that were there.  It was great meeting the folks in person.  I really regret now that I won't be able to make the trip to Escanaba but I sure hope I have the opportunity to visit with all the fine folks I met again somewhere, sometime.
If any of you ever find yourselves in my neck of the woods you are more than welcome at my house.

Kevin, so that is where you disappeared to  :D  
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Da first of da photos.

Ada greets guests at da picinic.

This group photo lacks several members that were out and about at the time.

Can you guess who these ones are?

THIS PIG FOUND BY johnjbc

Here is Tammy and Mrs.Chet adding winning numbers to the give away board. Tammy and Judy worked all day drawing and posting numbers and handing out the prizes and we gotta say THANKS!
( They did all thier goofing off the night before at the weenie roast so don't feel to bad for them. ;) :D)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

First glimpse of the Weekend Sawyer as he is greeted by Chet. Fresh off the Road King and a loooong ways from Maryland.

He loves his Norwood but I think he really really loves his Harley. :) If I would have know Jon was such a big dude, I might of had second thoughts about doing this a while back.
https://forestryforum.com/jon/

But I woulda ended up dooin it any how. :D

Jeff

On the Friday night before the picinic and during the weenie roast Ada called to tell me that she had picked up all the t-shirts from the t-shirt place but had something she wanted to tell me that I would probably find funny. I did.

When she reviewed the mock up design during the ordering process, the logo made up for the 100th anniversary was on the front. The graphic on the back was sort of a stock clip art type image with words surrounding some images of animals. Dophins, kitty cats and such.

Ada said that would be great, just use things like maple leaves and trout or deer for the images.

Guess what? When she picked them up, all the picinic T-shirts had, you guessed it, Dophins and Kitty cats on the back!  :D :D :D
 Ada said she was going to go around and tell everybody the DNR was planting bottle nose dolphins in Lake Michigan.  ;D

Jeff

Who's the Road King?  No doubt it was weekend sawyer and the Lovely Miss Celest. They came all they way from Maryland, mostly in the rain for the first leg of the trip. We were lucky enough to have them take some time after the picnic and share the cabin with us for an evening. They got up the next morning and after Dogman Pete made us breakfast, we watched as the duo road off into the North.

Celest, Jon, Tammy, Someguy

Road King 2

Jeff

Chet and Ron Discuss plans of a Yooper takeover of Peoria Illinois not realizing that Whitepe is eavesdropping on their plans from the front of the Forestry Forum truck. He is clutching a bag of Pasties purchased so as to "blend in"

Jeff

Busted!

Kevin informs Chet and Ron that Peoria already belongs to Canada. To prove it he will turn out all the lights east of Illinois...

Mark M

:D :D :D :D

Dat muss be true cause dem lights did go out, I saw it on da TV!

Kevin

No wonder I'm having problems getting around, my legs are crossed!  :D

Mark M

We was just thinking you had to pee really bad Kevin :D

OneWithWood

That musta been when you was splainin to Chet your new and improved lock-step fer climbin around power lines  :D
Obviously Ron thought you was pullin his leg  :D :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Kevin

My feet are pointing in the right direction but my legs just got tangled up somehow.
It looks like Chet is looking at my feet trying to figure out how it happened!  :D

Jeff

It looks to me like Ron Scott called you out and you're kicking sand on him

Ron Scott

"CCC Worker Memorial"; CCC Museum; Higgins Lake, MI

Site of Da Picnic 2003 and 100th Anniversary Celebration of the Michigan State Forests system ; August 9, 2003.

~Ron

Weekend_Sawyer

Heay Yalll,

m Finally gettin back on after too long away. The Loveley Miss and I sure enjoyed seeing everyone. I posted a little bit about our trip in the travel section.

WS
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Kevin

This was Ada telling us she really could fly .  :D

...or was she telling us we had to leave?

Jeff

knowing Ada, she's looking for volunteers for something. :)

chet

Knowin' Ada she's pointin' ta da beer tent.  8)  8)  8)

Thank You Sponsors!