iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A different type of splinter.

Started by isawlogs, March 18, 2009, 06:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

A friend sent me a link to something I find very special . I thought some of you might be interested in seeing it also ..... If you follow the link below you will see the Splinter  8)

http://www.joeharmondesign.com/index.html

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

I forgot you got high speed internet now. That's a killer on dial-up. Errm I kill the "New Tab" after 30 secs of waiting. :D You'll have to talk a little bit about it so us stone-aged internet surfers can be informed to. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Sorry about that well here is a pic of the Splinter ..  ;)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

That's  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)   ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

low_48

I met Joe last August at the IWF in Atlanta, then he came to visit me at Caterpillar in December. He's a swell guy, and he had some really good help. They made most of the car from woven cherry veneer, used much like carbon fiber is used. The made their own looms and slitters for the veneer. They made 1/8" strips and 1/4" strips, and basically wove up some cherry fabric. With lots of polyester resin, they laid up the entire body on a wood core. About the only metal is the rims that the tires are mounted on. The center spokes of the wheels are wood, he used osage for the suspension springs, and woven bamboo for the interior. It was on the cover of Wood magazine, and he has gotten a lot of press. Maybe the engine will go in this year.
His worst luck, he graduated from college this year. What horrible timing for getting a job!

Thank You Sponsors!