iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

West Coast G.O.L. classes?

Started by Ultimate buzz, March 15, 2009, 12:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimate buzz

I have a friend who lives in the Livermore,California area who recently bought some land to retire on up in the Castle Rock ,Washington area.He recently bought what I believe is his first decent chainsaw to cut in an extended driveway and an area to put in a small home.His wife is a little apprehensive about his knowledge and skills with a chainsaw, and is looking to find out if  there are any Game of Logging or simular classes available in either of these two areas. Can any of you Left/West come up with any info that I can pass on to them? It would b greatly appreciated. Thanks, ken
Chainsaw carver and collector

John Mc

Here's a link to their US web site:
http://www.gameofloggingusa.com/

Unfortunately, their "training organizations" link does not show any organizations on the west coast. An email or call to them might turn something up. Another place to try might be a career center or technical college in your area. We have one near me in Vermont that has a Forestry and Natural Resources program that is pretty good. They offer GOL classes to their students, rather than "rolling their own" program for chainsaw safety, but perhaps an organization in your area has something similar?

You could also ask around at the shops that sell and service chainsaws.

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thecfarm

Livermore,CA brings back some memories.I think it was in 5th grade that a teacher had us swap pictures,postcards,stories of Livermore,ME.
What John says is correct.There is a course that some logger puts on.Some class room work,some on hands work.A few guys from work took it and they learned a lot from it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!