iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree ID

Started by BlaBla, August 08, 2003, 07:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlaBla

LeeB

Ash me thinks. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

travelr64

Looks like a boxelder to me.
""Now look what you've gotten us into ! ! !

SwampDonkey

Looks like ash:

Single samarah seeds, compound leaves without lobed petioles and symetrical tree form with opposite branching (not possible to make out in the photo). Probably white ash or green ash, not clear enough to distinguish from the photos. White ash has purple or brown overwintering branch tips on current growth (In my area they are purple)

Box elder (ash-leaf maple) has double samarah seeds, compound leaves with lobed petioles and no symetry to its form. Green or purplish branch tips on up to five years of growth.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mrelmertoots

My first thought was ASH. I really need to see bark or the whole tree to be 100% sure. I don't know if there differant kinds of ash but around here hilltop ash looks differant from bottem land ash. I think Oak trees have more differant kinds than any other species, seem as tho I find a new species in every woods I cut in, maybe its the conditions.

Texas Ranger

Green and white ash most common, can be id'd from the leaf scars.  Other minor ashes out there.  Green ash associated with wet areas, white upland.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Kedwards

Its ash most likely white
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

Thank You Sponsors!