iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lathemizer

Started by beav39, March 14, 2009, 08:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beav39

does anyone know if woodmizer is still selling their lathe attachment?i cant seem to find it on their site
sawdust in the blood

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chuck White

I was just ready to post that, but Jeff beat me to it by 1/2 second. :D

I'd like to have one of these attachments someday too!

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beav39

thanks jeff ,just wasnt looking deep enough into the site again thanks     scot
sawdust in the blood

LeeB

I don't know about it being on thier sight but I sure enough seen one today at the open house at Arky's place.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

beav39

Quote from: LeeB on March 14, 2009, 11:19:40 PM
I don't know about it being on thier sight but I sure enough seen one today at the open house at Arky's place.
leeb how did it work ?was it built well and easy to run?
sawdust in the blood

LeeB

I've never really watched them too close, as I wasn't in the market for one. In my experiance so far all of WM products are well built and designed. Check the thread about "Wood Mizer open house at Arky's" for some shots of it in action.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

tyb525

I didn't see it on their website, but does anyone know if the lathemizer will fit the smaller mills, such as the LT15 and LT10?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Burlkraft

It just clamps to the bed, I don't see why it wouldn't fit.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beav39

Quote from: tyb525 on March 15, 2009, 12:52:10 PM
I didn't see it on their website, but does anyone know if the lathemizer will fit the smaller mills, such as the LT15 and LT10?
i believe it will i think it needs electric power to run    not sure though     scot
sawdust in the blood

Warren

tyb,

I looked at a lathemizer at the KY Wood Expo in London, KY 2 or 3 years ago when they first came out.  I still had an LT15 at the time.  The set up looked like it should have worked on an LT15 EXCEPTyou would need a minimum of 3 bed sections because of the overall length. For cutting shapes (triangles thru octagons) the work piece is manually indexed to each position. To turn a round post required a 110v power source to spin the work piece against the blade.

Can't speak to the LT10. 

-w-
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

tyb525

I would guess that it wouldn't work for the LT10. Poor mill never gets any attention. :(
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Howdy

I visited the WM open house here in Portland last week and they demonstrated the lathe set up on the LT15.  Looks pretty good to me.  The website says it will work on all models...

http://www.woodmizer.com/us/sawmills/options/lathemizer.aspx

Burlkraft

I saw mine today. It appeared out of a big snowdrift  8)  8)  8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

ARKANSAWYER

You could make it fit about any sawmill. (well maybe not a swinger) and need 110V power to make it spin.  I bet I could bolt it onto a BAKER.   ;D  It fit real well on Wanda.  It was fun to cut with and I bet I could sell round cedar poles.  I sell about 100 octagons a year any way.  You can get an extension to cut out to 12 ft long. 
  It was not hard to set up and make go.  I want one.  Then you can get the tennon cutter and that thing would be very handy making beds.  So many toys and so little coin.
ARKANSAWYER

customdave

Lathmizer fits all woodmizers except the the lt10, thats the word I got from woodmizer. I want one too, so I think I will buy one to play with. Going to play with one next week @ the Farm & Ranch show in Edmonton, Boys are bring one up from B.C. to the show!

Dave 8)
Love the smell of sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!