iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Treefarmer C5D Help

Started by jpcj-7, March 09, 2009, 04:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpcj-7

I have a 1984 Treefarmer C5D and need to get some paint, decals, and manuals. Since Franklin has gone out of business, these items have been getting hard to get a hold of, any ideas? Also is there any thing I should know about these machines? This is my first skidder and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks!     Lance

jpcj-7

Also I could really use a picture of the 'engine guards' if any one has a Treefarmer. Mine are missing.....and I need to get new ones made.   Thanks!

evergreenforestmgmt

Did Franklin really go out of business?  I heard that rumor, but checked out their website a while ago and it was still up and didn't say anything about going out.  That's too bad, they made some nice forestry equipment.

jpcj-7

Quote from: evergreenforestmgmt on March 09, 2009, 07:12:16 PM
Did Franklin really go out of business?  I heard that rumor, but checked out their website a while ago and it was still up and didn't say anything about going out.  That's too bad, they made some nice forestry equipment.

I called my local dealer this morning, and that is what I was told, it was news to me. The dealer said that they are still hoping that some one will step in and get things going again, but that it isn't looking good... They closed the doors on 01/01/09

Stephen Alford

Hey jp ; welcome to the forum. Hope this pic helps.  If I were making up new ones ,a small port so you can check the motor oil would be good.  Changing motor oil and filters for oil ,fuel ,air and hydraulics is always a good start.  Fluid levels in planitaries ,hubs,tranny etc and a greese job gives you an opportunity to have a good feel for what shape she is in.  Sorry no manuals but they are pretty straight forward. Good luck with her ,sing out if you need anything . :)

logon

Corley5

Stephen,  How often do you have to replace those lights  ??? ;D ;) :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jpcj-7

Thanks Stephen; I really appreciate the picture and tips! I'm in the process of changing/checking fluids now. 

Stephen Alford

Hey Corley 5; I hear what your saying and the night I stuck them on it was just a temp with a couple tourque screws. They have survived the winter and it could be that they are the new scatter beam lens  enabling me to see the dang stumps or it's kinda like cold beer and hot lobster; ya got to keep em in plain sight for their own safety. ;D You have some great pics kinda made me think of the sears Christmas wish book !!  :)
logon

Frickman

jpcj-7,

I have a C5-D also that I was thinking of painting. I figure that I'll get NAPA to mix me up some paint, and for decals I'll take pictures and measurents of the old ones and have a local sign shop make me up some decals. The Tree Farmer decals are all block letters and it should be simple for a sign shop with a computer to make them up.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

jpcj-7

Quote from: Frickman on March 13, 2009, 09:38:48 AM
jpcj-7,

I have a C5-D also that I was thinking of painting. I figure that I'll get NAPA to mix me up some paint, and for decals I'll take pictures and measurents of the old ones and have a local sign shop make me up some decals. The Tree Farmer decals are all block letters and it should be simple for a sign shop with a computer to make them up.

Thats what I'm plannning on doing, I already had Sherwin-Williams mix up some paint for me since I couldn't find any.

redneck

make sure that your send us lots of photos of before and after. 
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

jpcj-7

I will be posting photos when I get the time, however right now I'm looking for a new brake band, any ideas? Also about how much should it cost? Thanks!  Lance

ironmule2004

As far as decals go, your definately better off  having a local shop make the decals.  Most of the time, some of the factory decals you find, especially for the older machines have been setting on a shelf for a long time and don't stick very well.  As far as paint goes most factory paint is cheap paint.  I like to use a urethane enamel marine paint on my equipment  that cost a little more but holds up way better than regular enamel.           

ironmule2004

Here are some before and after pics of my Bell Feller Buncher i painted myself. 

NOTE FROM ADMIN: PHOTOS MUST BE IN YOUR FORESTRY FORUM GALLERY. LINKS TO OFF SITE PHOTOS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Ironman

Hey guys,

I have a massive library of spec books and manuals but I was not able to find anything on the Treefarmer C5D.  I will keep looking.  These are usually just sales brochures but often times they contain a lot of valuable info.

Jesse

www.ironmart.com
Jesse Sewell
Ironmart Sales
888-561-1115

jpcj-7

Twig farmer

This is an OLD thread, but I figured it was worth posting..

Call Davco in Farmington Maine. They generally have anything you want.
C5D Twig Farmer, Deutz power, "Mona".
Husky 575.
Husky 372.
F550 4x4 PSD.
Bull Strength and Ignorance.
Live FREE or die.

Thank You Sponsors!