iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

efco saws

Started by bigdog5, March 17, 2009, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdog5

Hello, is the efco 156 the same as the 165 (except cc's) as far as same construction; is the 156 homeowner and the 165 pro, or is the construction the same.  Also, what is your overall opinion of these saws.  Went to a dealer here in Maine (Buckfield), and he says good quality saws with a simplier design than the other major brands.
                             Thank You, John

567paloggger

husqvarna just bought out efco i hear and poulan

zackman1801

Big dog, I LIVE IN THE SAME TOWN AS YOU!
Where are you in buckfield?

Thats pretty cool!

As far as Efco saws go Rolly up to Frechettes and Libby chainsaws are the only ones around. Neither of them sell Efco, But you can order on Baileys and get good service. I know Rolly would be able to fix it if you needed, i would go ahead and get one if you want it and have no worries. worst case scenario you have to order parts online and put em in or have someone do it.
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

bigdog5

Hey Zackman, Live in Turner, built a small house, heat only with wood.  Libby had a couple efcos, he liked them, just really do not hear anything about them; never knew they existed until I found this forum; this is a good place to educate yourself on saws, people are really helpful,
                                                                      John

thecfarm

bigdog5,I guess you snuck in on me.Welcome to the FF. Going to the Bangor Forestry Expo May1-2?

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,35903.0.html

If you never been,take a day off from work and go.Lots of woods stuff to look and see the wood processors,sawmills working.Anything to do with Forestry is there.All the way from steel toes boots to wheel bearings in a truck.Stuff for the guys that really cuts wood,but a lot there for the home owner,like you and me,too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bigdog5

Hello Thecfarm, that sounds like a really interesting event, and I will try to make it, thanks for the greetings, John

pallis

Quote from: bigdog5 on March 17, 2009, 07:53:26 PM
Hello, is the efco 156 the same as the 165 (except cc's) as far as same construction; is the 156 homeowner and the 165 pro, or is the construction the same.  Also, what is your overall opinion of these saws.  Went to a dealer here in Maine (Buckfield), and he says good quality saws with a simplier design than the other major brands.
                             Thank You, John

I think the 156 has open ports, and the 165 has closed ports.  The 165 has a good power to weight ratio, and people who have them seem to love them.

Thank You Sponsors!