iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

got the new Logrite 30" cant hook in the woods today

Started by Quebecnewf, March 05, 2009, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Well we tried the new cant hook in the woods today. It worked great . For putting large logs on the sleigh we just put a parbuckle around the log and SHMBO pulls on the rope and I give a flick with the Logrite and presto one end is on the sleigh.

Why diden't I buy one sooner?

Good product don't wait go out and buy one

Quebecnewf

indiaxman1

Sounds like a fine tool....have used many wooden handled peaveys and canthooks...being aluminum...are you at all concerned about denting that baby up.?...logging can be rough on our tools....just wondering about durability

Dave Shepard

Durability is excellent. The LogRite tools are made of a heavy schedule aluminum tube. I've hung off of my 60" cant hook, and I weigh 360 pounds. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

indiaxman1,welcome to the forum.Lots of posts on the Log Rite tools.I don't think that one man could damage one on his own without trying to be stupid about it from what I read on here.Now I said a man,not hooking a truck,tractor,skidder etc to it.Under normal wear and tear it's guaranteed for life. I know some can break anything just to show they can.I should take some of my tax return and buy one.Than I'll say, why didn't I buy one sooner?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

Quebecnewf - I'm glad you like it!

indiaxman1 - it is thick walled aluminum, you cant hurt it by bumping it.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

SwingOak

I like mine a lot. I just wish I'd gotten a longer one - the 60". I don't think there's such a thing as too much leverage.

tyb525

I have a 48" fiberglass (albeit not a logrite) and I have yet to find a log I can't roll with it. Can't wait to try a Logrite though. :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Thank You Sponsors!