iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ax Men makes me want to puke

Started by Dan_Marino, March 03, 2009, 02:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overlength

That would be something.They still float the logs down the rivers in Central and South America. Thats faster than the bad roads full of truck size potholes they have.
  I have a friend gave up his electric engineering job to go work for a hunting guide outfit in Canada. On the way up in Canada his truck started a "hissing" sound. He knew something was wrong,jumped out just in time, and the truck blew up. A rock or something had knocked a hole in the gas line. Why isn't the camera rolling when you really need it?
Woodmizer LT30, Solar Kiln 400 bf

SwampDonkey

There's an old picture around here someplace where gramps had the canoe and gear in it and the mattress just thrown out on the shore rocks along the river. Good enough for camp tonight. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lumberjack48

Quote from: LOGDOG on March 18, 2012, 10:45:44 PM
Those horses on the horse logging team are awesome. Really something to watch. That young, muscular horse they walked out of the trailer in tonight's episode was one handsome, impressive animal.

That was a very good piece with the horses Sun night. It brought back a lot of good memories when i helped my father log with the horse. [1955-58]
Shelby was funny, he had his cousin helping him [female] it was good. The rest of the gang were out of on control, same ole stuff.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

beenthere

Quote from: Overlength on March 19, 2012, 07:15:05 PM
......... On the way up in Canada his truck started a "hissing" sound. He knew something was wrong,jumped out just in time, and the truck blew up. A rock or something had knocked a hole in the gas line. ...........

There is something about hearing a "hissing" sound, and a truck blowing up that just doesn't sound right. ;)   Maybe it was ax men material after all. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LOGDOG

My uncle used to log with horses up by Rhinelander, WI. They were great big Belgians. Beautiful, impressive animals. Sometimes I wish I would have known to pay more attention and appreciate what was in front of me when I was younger, but you can't always know what you'll end up valuing later in life.

Shelby and his cousin are funny. She's a brute that one.... in a fun way.

Jeff

I kinda liked the 3rd cousin that was helping him a few shows ago. I'm dearly afraid that this cousin may have ate that one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LOGDOG

Yep ...that other cousin was cute.  ;D She didn't look like any logger I'd ever worked around.

Mooseherder

She is the only one who hasn't been hurt working with Shelby. ;)

lumberjack48

Shelby said he had to watch out for her big Guerrilla hands, they were scary. Throw this gal a little hay and a hand full of oats once in awhile she'd be good to go.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Bogue Chitto

Shelby found the "BOGALUSA RAFT".  Are those logs worth what they say?  Millions?  ???

LOGDOG

I'd like to see that Cuban Mahogany opened up. What could that have been doing in the big Lake in South LA? It didn't grow here did it?

LeeB

Quote from: Bogue Chitto on May 20, 2012, 10:35:22 PM
Shelby found the "BOGALUSA RAFT".  Are those logs worth what they say?  Millions?  ???

A lot of BS.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Cypressstump

Did not see the show containing the "Cuban Mahogany",,,, no telling what it is if Shelby is one naming the species ;D.  As far as a raft of lost cypress, not too likely. Hundreds of cypress log rafts of different sizes were floating throughout the local river systems out across Lake Maurepas thru Lake Pontchartrain. The rafts with logs Floating, had no reason to sink as a group. Many times interior logs would sink out of the raft, but it would not be logical for a raft or a group of logs to sink in one loation while being rafted. There are many tales of 'Rafts'. I have found two logs dog chained together before, and a few logs with dogs in the ends. That tells me that the exterior connected logs beagn to sink and they were disconnected from the raft and left. Sometimes a big sap heavy log would start to drop out and it would take several other down with it.

All those shows are staged with lots of drama induced to keep the public tuned into the series. All are scripted by producers who think they know what will draw the most viewing time, seems like one way or the other, those guys are getting thier job done, or we'd not be tallking about them, ;)

Stump
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Roxie

It was Shelby's log buyer that identified the log and the subsequent value.  Shelby had no idea of it's value, other than it was a very large log. 

I enjoyed watching Shelby and the Oxen teams in New Hampshire this year. 
Say when

Cypressstump

Gotcha Roxie..thanks.

Shelby is a hoot, he's exactly like in real life as reflected on the show. Wide Open !  Good guy that would give you the last 10 cents in his pocket. It bothers me the ratty rigging and pratices that he uses tho.
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Raider Bill

Wish they had more horse / OX logging and less S&S Aqua idiots.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LOGDOG

Buck's diver girl can stick around though ....  :)

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: Raider Bill on May 21, 2012, 11:22:49 AM
Wish they had more horse / OX logging and less S&S Aqua idiots.
Less S&S and get rid of Rygaard too....idiots.

ely

i dont watch often, but i seen the morons that get logs in florida, father and son "team" i believe. plus the guys in washington state that are related too. they never seem to get along, absolutely no respect.

i told my dad after 10 minutes of that show yesterday," im not sure which person i would beat down first"

ive worked alot of places and in the real world people do not talk that way to employers or employees.

also fun is fun but who would have been liable if one of those greenhorns racing down that hill and back up would have suffered some head injury or neck trauma.?  probably the show would be of limited interest if they lost all the BS drama.

Autocar

When it first came on years ago I enjoyed watching how the other guy logged but any more I don't care to watch. There setting a poor example for the logging industry as fas as Iam concerened.
Bill

Woodhauler

I wonder how many times osha is going to visit these boneheads on this show!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

WDH

I never watch it anymore.  Worst show on TV. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bobus2003

Quote from: Autocar on May 21, 2012, 01:41:16 PM
When it first came on years ago I enjoyed watching how the other guy logged but any more I don't care to watch. There setting a poor example for the logging industry as fas as Iam concerened.

Enjoyed it in the beginning watching JM Browning.. He seemed to know his stuff and cared about doin it

redprospector

I just can't watch Axmen.
Swamp loggers was the most realistic logging show. Just not enough drama, I figure that's why they got canceled.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!