iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its Snowing in Dixie. That DanG global warming!

Started by fishpharmer, March 01, 2009, 08:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

My wife woke me up about an hour ago.  Said, look its snowing.

Surenuff.  I mean about an inch.  :o

A regular Mississippi Blizzard.  ::)

Still coming down in big flakes.

I will post pictures after I build a snowman with my daughter.  She wasn't this excited at Christmas.

Anyone else getting snow south of Mason-Dixon Line?

Stay tuned for your weather update ;) 8) 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

I couldn't be more proud for ya son. ;D

Sun shining here, but cold, warming up though.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Sawyerfortyish

How do ya figure its getting warmer when it's snowing in dixie

beav39

globel warming actually means colder wheather go figure ???
sawdust in the blood

Banjo picker

We were coming home from Memphis last night.  The wife was driving thankfully we got behind a snow plow for about 20 miles through the worst of it.  Staying home today.  I bet you yankees didn't know we had snow plows down here.  They are probably few and far between.   :D 
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

stonebroke

Us northerners are real proud that You southeners are smart enough to buy snow plows instead of just waiting for it to melt. Maybe we should start buying tornado shelters, We get a tornado every few decades.

Stonebroke

SwampDonkey

If ya ever run short down there, we'll send ya's some real plows, not Tonka toys.  :-X  :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

I hope that nasty mess doesn't make it down this far.  It looks and feels like it could, though. :-\

I gotta pick a bone about the title of this thread, though.  What you're seeing is AlGore Global Warming.  If we had DanG Global Warming, we'd all be outside in t-shirts and shorts. ;) ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 01, 2009, 10:51:18 AM
If ya ever run short down there, we'll send ya's some real plows, not Tonka toys.  :-X  :D :D

X2, if you need a real snowplow just let me know.

Radar67

Well fish, just 90 miles from you, the wind is blowing and the sun is shinning.  :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Riles

Calling for 6 to 8 inches, starting tonight.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

SwampDonkey

I'll just be basking in the sun in on it's glory on this SUNday. Just got back from a 4 mile walk. :)

Tom

Quoteglobel warming actually means colder wheather go figure  ???

That's how people with unproven theories cover their bases.  You get wet when it rains and you stay drier if you walk slow in it.  Well, I guess, if you stand real still you won't get wet.  So, When it rains you might get wet or dry.  ??? :D :D

fstedy

Looks like it comming our way. Time to dust off the 4X4!!!
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

fishpharmer

Okay, I stand corrected. 

I was trying to be facetious or sarcastastic or some other big word I can't spell, in my title.

Please take no offense Mr. DanG.  I was using official cussword form of those same letters in your name. 

You folks are indeed right it was Al Gore Global Warming..  Come to think of it "Al Gore" should be a cuss word too. ;D

You yankees are gonna laugh but we don't get snow much. 

enjoy.  I will try to post more later.

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

DanG

That mill otter cut better than everybody else's mill now that it thinks it is a yankee sawmill. ;D

Not to worry about using the official cussword, Fish.  I am always here for you, but I reserve the right to make the occasional comment. ;) :D  (You would like my version of Global Warming better, though.)

At least y'all got something different to look at.  It's just plain miserable here.  Has barely made 40 degrees and the wind has been 20 gusting to 30 all day long.  Can you say, "BORING"?  I've been sitting here just waiting for somebody to say something.  I even got on Google Earth and tried to find Wenrich's sawmill, but didn't have any luck.  Other than that, the main excitement has been the cat barfing on the rug, and the puppies were practicing their humping technique outside my window. ::) :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

Well I for one am real happy for ya'll, no matter which fella sit'n in the saddle cursed ya with global gobblely gook. Err, we call it snow up here, some of us call it poor man's fertilizer if we get it in potato planting time.  ;D :D

thompsontimber

We are getting it here in NC as well, calling for about 6 inches I think...we got about 1 at the moment, but its coming down hard.  Already got 9+ inches at Beech Mnt.

Don K

Got a little dusting here this morning. That makes two yrs in a row. Might be going for a new record. :D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

fishpharmer

These were taken about 7:00 am  by 10 am it was all gone, and sunny the  rest of the day.
That was the best snow ever if you ask me. 8)  Came and left in a matter of hours. ;D

DonK I would be happy with just a dusting, glad we didn't have an ice storm.  Thompson thats six inches too much for me.
Swampdonkey thanks for the support in our time of need. :D
Mr. DanG, well, your the man. 8)  Sometime I want to hear your version of Global Warming.

Supposed to hit 26 F tonight.  My little girl had a blast with snowballs thrown at me, wasn't really enough for a snowman.

The back forty

Snowy sawmill again, really need to build a shed or something to cover it.

sawmilllawyer

Fish, you would think that with the new and much improved sawmill a cover would come next, heh? Well we got the cold 25F yesterday and this morning but not one single flake of snow. Right now about 35F.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

ScottAR

We got around seven inches which is the most I remember for a
very long time...  At least it wasn't ice this time...  I hate winter!
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

TinMan

Fish

Thats about what we get here in southern Orygun when it snows in the valley. Still fun tho 8) 8)

Tracy

Nomad

Winter too cold?  Yup.  I'm still in Hawaii right now.  Got right chilly this morning.  Got down to about 66 before sunup, and windy too.

Now that I stuck that thorn in it, you haven't heard a lot of the "global warming" bunkies talking much for the last couple of months, have you?  My home in North Florida has been pretty DanG chilly for the last couple of months, from what I'm told.

BTW...  I thought that name WAS a cussword.  And I don't mean DanG.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!