iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lurker

Started by uncle kenn, March 01, 2009, 05:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle kenn

Hi all!  been lurkin round here for quite some time and can say i have read almost every post listed!  I know nothing but would like to learn about sawmilling. I have learned a lot from all the post that i have read and now i would like to find a circle mill close to me to visit.  I am in the Traverse City Mich. area and recently bought a M-16 Timber King circle mill.  It is almost like new and got from the original owner that purchased it new in 1998. Now i need to learn what to do with it!  anyone close to me??

Joe Lallande

There are several web sites that sell books for this mill.  Before I bought my M-14, I spent several days at a local saw mill asking questions, taking pictures and helping unload cut wood.  The rest is common sense and learning from mistakes.  Good luck, Joe Lallande, Alpena, MI

bandmiller2

Uncle,if you want your feet wet you got to step in the puddle.Their are more mills around than you think ask around,once you find one they usally know all the outhers.Belsaw gave good practical directions their booklet its on the net somewhere.Level,plumb,sharp teeth filed straight on a saw hammered for the right speed and the rest will fall in place.Ken what are you planning to power it with?Be sure to make the log turners described by belsaw to reduce the shock on your carrage they make quite a point of that.Keep us in the loop.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

beenthere

uncle kenn
Have you downloaded or obtained a copy of Stan Lunstrum's Sawmill booklet?

I suspect you have since you said you've been lurking. It will/should be a good read for you.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

customdave

UncleKenn, Fire that mill up & give er , learn from experince thats what I'm doing& having a ball ! The one thing about sawing , if you make a mistake on a board throw it in the slab, Then Burn It before any body can see! Have fun learning! 8)

customdave
Love the smell of sawdust

fstedy

Welcome and pull up a chair. You'll get your questions answered and lost of good entertainment. Everyone gets treated with respect its a great site.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Jeff

Uncle Kenn, you are using the report to moderator button to post!  Please use the reply button!!!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Here is your post attempt, its not lost. :D

The following post, "Re: lurker" by bandmiller2 has been reported by uncle kenn on a board you moderate:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=36242.msg524090#msg524090

The reporter has made the following comment:
i have the mill on my trailer ,in parts awaiting warmer weather to put it together.  I poured concrete footoings last fall. to answer all questions, i have a 6 cyl. JD engine off a combine that came with the mill. wish it would warm up, i can hardly wait to get it up and runnin.  Been out scouting for logs/ trees for when i do get it running.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

TinMan

Welcome  Uncle Kenn ;D

You should find all the help you need here. Good luck and have fun. Oh and get that mill running and git er done 8) 8) 8)

Tracy

fishpharmer

Welcome Uncle Kenn.

I think you found the right place.  A great place too 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!