iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its About Time You Got See Some Pics (WARNING Pic HEAVY)

Started by Meadows Miller, February 28, 2009, 04:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

MM,

Some nice piles of sawdust you have there, mate ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chico

Yeah I did ate many a biscuit at the mill I was hoping that kiln would put them ahead a little Their good boys but a little too laid back IMO
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

timberfaller390

That's a fact. Once Jack and Herschal got sick they kinda slowed down buying for the treatment plant and now with the economy how it is they  aren't buying anything.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

customdave

nice pics meadows miller, hope too see pics of the woodcraft bandmill if you aquire as planned! Have a good day chris.

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Meadows Miller

Gday

Dave your email arived Thanks Mate
i also got pics of the Woodcraft from peter today I dosnt look in too bad a shape for its age for 17 years old but nothing a good go over and a fresh coat of jam cant fix  ;) :D ;D ;D they runn 24 dia wheels so i just got to negotiate on the trade now Mate  ;) ;D Mill #5 coming up  Im gona turn into one of the old blokes that i use to harrass when i was younger with half a yard full of gear ;) :D :D :D ;)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

bandmiller2

Chris,I can't imagine having so much open space.Do things green up or is it usally dry?I'd say yor pretty safe from crocs around the homested.Do you have those ferral buffs roaming around or are they in anouther part of the country.Please keep the pics coming and its good to see you.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Meadows Miller

Gday
Posted last night but musta lost the dang thing   :o :)  ::) Ahh Well these things happen  ;) :D :D

Tf nice looking Mill and place you got there Mate I like the blueys too but ive never had one myself only Kelpeys the Healers like to be keept occupied and thell bite the heals of anything that moves like ppl, cars and lawnmowers  ;) :D :D :D ;D ;) my uncle had one that attacked the lawnmower every time it came out He had it in Big Time for it and the wheel barrow  ;) :D :D :D :D ;) he was a bloody good dog tho  ;) ;D ;D

Fish If you where closer mate I proboly would just loan you the Mill mate  ;) ;D :D 8)We went Abit Silly and got about $2 ks worth of extras at Lucas on the way home got the sidewinder ,Planner head and Aheap of spare parts i probobly wont need for years  ;) :D :D ;D 8)

Chico thanks Mate I think im heading in the rite direction  ;) ;D 8) I should be if feels like  Ive spent long enough going around in Bloody circles and doing things The Hard Way   ;):D in the past to know the main things Not To Do this time Around  ;)  :D :D :D   ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) there not bad for case grade logs  ;) ill get some pics of some mickey mouse A grade oversize one day for you Mate  ;) ;D  VERRY NICE  ;D ;D 8) 8)

SD I know Mate  ;) ;D Ive gotta stop trying to do it all Myself but as cashflow improves ill start puttin Good Blokes on as we go along i just want to try and stay under 5 men but the Good Ones  ;) ;D i have in the pipeline already know if they dont produce they are gone  ;) I dont have time for slack arses that see me as a $$$$ sign  :( ;) If we All put in we should All be able to make a Good living out of it  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)
Ive got a good name in the industry as being honest and strait to the point and knowing My Stuff which Im verry Proud of  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
I just got sick of Looking after Other Peoples Problems after 6 years of trapsing all over the bloody  joint and not getting any closer to where I want to be Mate  ;) ;D

Erik Thanks Mate  ;) ;D ;D No Worrys  ill Try and keep it to a max of 50 per post  ;) :D ;D ;D ;) I didnt know Jeff had to order them In Honestly  I woulda gone alittle easer on em Mate :o :) ::)  ;) :D :D :D ;D ;)

Wdh Thanks Mate Im gonna keep making as it looses that Nice Smell  ;) after a couple of days  ;) ;D 8) so i need to keep the fresh stuff flying :D :D :D :D ;)

Gday and hows things Frank  ;) ;D Im only about an hour north of Melbourne Im 4th generation to work in the bush around here mate its pretty open at home but theres about 12000 acres just over the hill from home Where my blocks are in town it a two min walk and your in a 60000+ pach of bush

The weather avverages out to 86 of and we avv 24 inces of rain a year its gren most of the time but we are at the hottest part of summer the forcast tomorow is for 105 of +
and Heathcote is the geograpical center of Victoria so 4 hours max and i can get logs from any part of vic and even parts of sourthern Nsw Which is great as im not limmited to just one main supply area like most of the other sawmillers    ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

we get afew wild goats and pigs out the bush around home here but you have to drive about 20 to 30 miles to the remote parts to get em but there are fewer each year   ;) to go see some Wild Crocs and Buff we'd have to on a 40 odd hour nonstop road trip  ;) ;D

Reguards Chris

fishpharmer

Chris Thanks for the offer.

"Fish If you where closer mate I proboly would just loan you the Mill mate       We went Abit Silly and got about $2 ks worth of extras at Lucas on the way home got the sidewinder ,Planner head and Aheap of spare parts i probobly wont need for years "     

Now thats some surenuff southern hospitality on a hemispheric scale.  If you ever get accross the pond your welcome to come stay awhile in Mississippi.   I heard somewhere that 60 % percent of the lumber produced in the US comes from the 13 southeastern US states.   You would enjoy seeing our forests.

More pictures when you get the chance.  Did you see ErikC is selling his old chevy.  I think you need it ;)  ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

If you ever have bulging pockets with cash falling out, just drive by home some day and I'll be honoured to gather the loose change. I could use a new shiny riding lawn mower when I come out of the woods from thinning brush. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Meadows Miller

Gday

And heres a couple of pics of Mill no#5 the Woodcraft 92 model 30-20 A fully hyd Bandsaw Mill  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) these pics where the only ones i could upload  :( :'(

After a 2 hour phone call to Peter last night where we had a good chat about the mill and alot of other things we came to an agreement on price and are doing a trade for it buy me giving him a $1 a bft au discount of my going rate of $3.10 a bft au over the first 10000bft of cypress pine orderd  ;) ;D  my log costs are only going to $0.42 a bft at 50% recovery so there is still plenty of mony left to cover the sawing costs   ;)  ;D ;D  8) 8) so the Mills costing me $6500 US which i thinks pretty bloody cheap  ;) :D ;D ;D 8) 8) the last time peter used it was 4 months ago and said it didnt miss a beat  ;) put it this way i couldnt buy the parts for that price  ;) and  Ill most likely be picking it up in the next 5 to 8 weeks once i have my other bills paid  and out of the road ;) ;D 8) 8)

The mills in pretty original condition and apart from the faded paint dosent seem to have been abused over the years peter said it would be lucky if it had done over 2000 hours allup with himsef and the original owner  ;) ;D It stands about 7'6" tall runns 24 " solid metal wheels that will run 1.1/4 to 2" band but ill most likely stick with the 1.1/2s that ive allways runn  ;) ;D and It is setup as electric at the moment but he has the original 25 hp motor that runs thats coming with it  ;)
it also comes with afew Tct bands that run at about $350 ea that have alot of life left in em  ;D and a heap of Hss bands that have only been sharpend once or twice and afew New ones also  ;) ;D ;D 8) No sharpener tho  :'( but I still have my semiauto one and setter  that came with the Jonsered bandsaw and my uncle also just got a brand new Auto sharpener and setter for his saw shop in Bendigo about 20 miles away so i might just get him to do the band maint  ;D or go in once a week for an evening and do them myself  ;)  ;D

the plan is to do a full strip down remachine the wheels and reco any worn parts and respray it fit the  motor , Beef it up abit and put it back together and get it  sawing  as the std two cont station mill with feed and sizing on the headrig and deck and loader controls on the bed once its been running awhile ill  change it to a single station mill at the rear side of the bed  ,Make it a dual chain feed and runn the couple of hoses to the sizeing to the Hrig with either a telescopic pantograph or power chain so I can add the extensions to take it out to 30' with only having to bolt the exts on and extentend the drive chains   ;) ;D 8)

I also got a quote of Lucas for a new Kohler 30hp motor complete was only $3000 au which is a great price  ;D 8) 8)  so im thinking of just putting a new motor on it depending how much the rebuild kit is for the original motor is  ;) im also thinking down the track to makins the hyds indipendent of the head motor with its own 10/12 hp motor  so i have either 25 or 30 hp going strait into the bandsaw cut without the power loss  ;) ;D ;D 8)

I think itll make a Nice Sawmill for cuting logs from 8" to 20" dia and the rest will go through the Lucas mill ;) ;D ;D 8)

Reguards Chris

ErikC

Well, there's another one in your pile Chris. :) That mill looks pretty substantial, and it looks like it has a trailer package also, right? Good score.   
Now go get some help, I think you need it ;D   "Hi my name is Chris, and I have a problem"
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Meadows Miller

Gday

Erik Do you think that might be the reason why im still single Mate  ;)  :D :D :D :D Yes I have a problem but Im quite Happy to live in denial  ;) :D :D ;D I think there are alot of addictions that have worse out comes for the ppl involved  ;) and Thats the reason Im Here I thought i was getting help but it just seems to be getting Worse  ;) :D :D :D Ahh well I can live with that  Mate ;) ;D 8)

I wont ever sell any of my gear unless im in a real bind as ive been through selling alot of gear from the log building buisness Mum ,Dad & i worked our Arses off for years  to pay for and they lost their Home and I was lucky to keep my blocks of land  back in 2000 and i aint going through that again ;)  ;D I could sell the carriage and turner to 1 of  my old boss's tomorrow for $15K asis   ;) ;D

SD you could follow me around all day Mate  ;) and not much would come outa Me pockets  :D :D :D as im asset rich and cashflow poor at the moment  ;) :D Thats why my bank manager must like me as he wants to loan me cash and if things go bad he can shaft me out of stuff worth twice as much  :o :o :) ::) I spose thats how things work in the real world  ;) :D :D ;) but all up i only have about $17ks worth of dept + a small loan which only setts me back $500 amonth  ;) ;D 8) So I think im Doin Ok Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Sorry fellas I missed your posts

Sgum Theres Plenty of logs left to keep me occupied within a hundred miles Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Tm Tracy Its a nice selection of Toys Ehmm Tools  and Plenty of space to expand  ;D ;D 8)  but i just gotta get em all running and get some decent blokes who Know what they are doing  Now Mate  ;) ;D 8) Dont be envious mate just remember Cartman of Southpark  ;) All this can Be Yours  ;) :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Reguards Chris

ErikC

Coming here for help with a sawmill addiction is like going out with a bunch of drunks when you want to quit drinking.  It'll never work but it's fun to try.  ;D
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Meadows Miller

Erik :D :D :D :D :D :D  ;) I almost quit drinkn alltogether at the start of last year went 5 months w/o but now i get out and have the odd drink once every 4 to 8 weeks now  ;) ;D I spose i had to replace one addiction with another  ;) :D :D :D 8)

The Woodcraft has a trailer pckg with spring susp and brakes n lights you where spot on Mate  ;)

Chris

Meadows Miller

Fish

Ill take you up on that kind offer one day Mate Ill be in Iuka Miss spending a bit of time at Tims / Banjo pickers helping him out on his mill and having a look around  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) about mid year im trying for the end of may as i wanted to get to the shoot out but i might miss it as there has being another hold up with my cypress sawlogs arriving and i want to have all my bills paid and the Wcraft running before i head of for a month or two  ;) ;D ;D 8) what part of the state are you in Mate  ;)

Reguards Chris

fishpharmer

Hey I will just come up to Tim if you show up.

I am due south of him, Meridian.  We will have to have a regular getogether if you show up.

later
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Radar67

I'm in! Might make a good Southern Chapter meeting.  ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

WDH

Yes!  You can fry up some of that catfish that you are going to catch with that killer home-made soap-bait ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

timberfaller390

L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Meadows Miller

Gday

It sound's like Goer  fellas  Id love to catch up with You Blokes ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) Just gotta see what Tim Reckons  ;) ive been waiting for him to chime in as he asked to see some pics afew weeks back thats what prompted me to start this post   ;)  ;D 8)

Reguards Chris

sparky

Gday Chris,

I enjoyed seeing the photos of your sawmill operation. Your equipment layout is quite impresive. I would still like to see it in person if your offer still stands. I will have a free day in Melbourne on April 28th, or 29th. The travel agent can't seem to nail down the details.

Regarding your addiction to sawmill equipment, I expect there is a 12-step program to help you work out of it. There seems to be a 12-step recovery program for most everything. If not, the support group at Forestry Forum can work with you!

Would you PM me with the details of the teeth we were discussing? I can check with my local supplier. I believe that the US dollar is stronger making a purchase in the States a better buy.

What is the latest news regarding the fires?

Will
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

Banjo picker

Hey guys looks like Chris is holding up our get together. :D  I have just now got around to looking at all the pics.  I started a couple of days ago, and got to the Lucas and got the Swampdonkey diease.  (Can't wait no longer. ;D ;D )  But tonight I had the house all to my self.  If Chris makes it by June or so the pool will be ready for business, and we can saw a log or two as well.   But I only got ONE sawmill.   :D

James if you head this way , I want some fingerlings.  I'll mesure the pond and you can tell me how many  i might need. 

Sorry i took so long to get up to speed Chris, Nice pictures.  Now that you are an expert, with you and a couple more maybe i can learn it.  I did get a couple in my gallery , but my cousins hubby done it.  :D  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Will Ill be ready to shoot down to melbourne and pick you up when you get here Im looking forward to showing you around the place  Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)
With the chrome saw teeth after talking with Dad about it Ive just decided to keep running the TCT Arsaw bits i have been using  ;) ;D  as dad said the chomes dont stand up too well to the sawing conditions overhere all that well  & that they never got a full run out of the teeth before the chrome peeled away when they where using them in the eairly 80s ;) So you dont have too worry about being bailed up at coustoms and asked what the hell are these for  Mate :) ???    ;) :D :D :D ;D ;)

Sparky I Dont thik there is ANY 12 Point program that Could Help Me  ;) :D Im tooooo faaaar gone Mate  ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D 8) But I can live with it  ;D 8) I think it would be a bit different if i owed money on things   :o :) ::) But i dont  ;D 8) 8)

Tim im sorry Mate ;) I seem to be holding you Boys Up at the moment but ill be there Soon  ;) :D ;D ;) just did my paper work for my passport that ill drop in this week  ;D 8) So ill be a pool boy  :o ;D ;D Itll be a Nice change  from being coverd in sawdust n s!@t tho mate  :o :) ;) :D ;D ;D But It wont take me long to to knock out some ties every morning for you  ;) ;D  You might only have 1 Sawmill but its a Bloody Ripper I cant wait to get my hands on it Mate  ;) ;D 8) 8) 8)

My parents freinds reckon that once I get over there ill never want to come back !!!  ;) :D :D ;D But Ill have to get the first house built and sold  ;) and cashed upp  ;) ;D before i come back to live overthere for a while  ;D 8) 8)

No worrys i can can help you with the pics mate im still getting my head around it myself as my lill sister helpd me with the first couple  ;D  8) but then left me too it  :o :) ::) ;) :D but its pretty easy with the new java uploader now  ;) ;D 8) 8)
I looked at your pics  ;) It looks like you got a dang good buy with the prentice loader Mate  ;) ;D 8) 8) 8) Verry Tidy  ;) ;D

So how did Bobby go with the Meet the Parents w/e  ;) ;D 8) I hope Mum didnt have to sort out any dramas  ;) :D ;D ;) nahh i Reckon it woulda gone well for him  ;) ;D 8)

Dont worry about taking awile Mate  ;) ;D Im still trying to catch up on afew msgs in a couple of posts  with TTs about his sawmill and Sparkys last ? about the bushfires   :o :) ::) I made the mistake off reading it then not making the reply there and then  ;) :( as Ive been flat out for awhile  ;D 8)

Reguards Chris

sparky

Gday Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward in a big way to meeting you and checking out your sawing equipment.  :) I will be in the mid-point of a guided tour when I hit Melbourne. I welcome the chance to break away from the pack and see some country that is off the tour route.  8) I expect the tour may start to remind me of basic training in the USAF. :( I will check on the availability of 12-step programs as I am convinced there may be one that addresses your fixation on accumulating sawmill equipment. I may need to book myself into the program as well. I am into antique farm tractors and we maintain that a fellow does not have a problem until he has more tractors than teeth! :D

For what it is worth, there are some stand-all teeth on eBay just now. The teeth are B/8/5/16" if I remember correctly. There are about 75 in the lot and the current price is $67. The seller is a fellow that I have purchased teeth from before. I have not used stand-alls, but I remember some discussion on them some weeks back.  :P I would be using "ice teeth" if I were sawing at this time of year. I have about 3000 board feet of Norway pine on the log deck, but I'm waiting for warmer weather.

I will stay in touch,
Will
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

thecfarm

You sure do have some sawmills.  8)  You are going to be some busy doing all that you have planned. Don't kill yourself with hard work.Enjoy life too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!