iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Aspen 175 Outdoor Wood Boiler by Greenwood

Started by DaveKent, February 27, 2009, 12:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveKent

I thought I'd pass along some information about my Outdoor Wood Furnace.  This past fall I bought an Aspen 175 made by Greenwood.  My unit sits on a slab around 120 feet from the house (2500sqft).  We have been warm and cozy all winter here in Maine, using only 5.5 cords of wood by the last week of February.  Installation was fairly simple, the unit is an easy plug and play. Last time I checked the EPA website it was the cleanest OWB on the market.

After having burned wood in the basement for a few years I've been delighted with only having to fill this unit twice a day and no lugging wood into the basement anymore.  I'd be interested in hearing from others that might have an Aspen just to compare notes.  I was so pleased with this unit I decided to get into the business and would be more than happy to answer questions in email to those that might be interested.  Please feel free to post here or drop me a line at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com and I will be glad to get back to you.

stumper

Where in Maine are you located?  Is the house older with a relatively high heat load or a newer home with a moderate load? 

How are you liking the boiler?  Is there much of a learning curve?  How often do you load the boiler?

As you can tell by my posts and other posts the E-classic in a fine boiler but does have a signifacant learning curve and has been troubled with some small issues (and an occational huge issue).

I considered the Aspen but was concerned with capacity and lack of dealers.  Have you been keeping up with the sub-zero temps?  Obviously you solved the dealer issue by becomming one.

leeallen

Glad you like the Aspen. Maybe you can share some pics and more info , so those getting into an OWB can compare and contrast. Sounds like you will be a great resource on this site. Look forward to the pics. After the installation, did you encounter any problems? How do you remove the ashes?

stumper

I guess his post was nothing but an advertisement.  Maybe it should be moved to the for sale area. 

Thank You Sponsors!