iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting rid of sawdust

Started by Texas Ranger, February 23, 2009, 05:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Woodwalker

TR, you ain't gonna try that are you? If you are................ call me!
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

pineywoods

I need one of them !!!!!! Anybody got any idea where to find one of them high speed valves ? Got plenty of propane tanks...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

TinMan

bandmiller2

I'am sure that will go over like a cigar butt in the punch bowl with local law enforcement.Piney you could wait for a flock of low flying geese,no need to pluck them,flight to freezer in minutes.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Joel Eisner

This should be moved to the "Biomizer" thread in the "Alternative methods and solutions" section.   :P
The saga of our timberframe experience continues at boothemountain.blogspot.com.

Sawyerfortyish

The forest fire service shows up at my farm when I spread lime on the feilds to see what the smoke is. I can't imagine how I could play games with them with something like this. Smoke what smoke. How long you guys been in that tower. ;) :D

CLL

Why have bombs when you could kill or scare them to death with sawdust. I'm afraid the cost of flares next to amount of sawdust burnt might be a little cost prohibitive.
Too much work-not enough pay.

adrean louis

i think the special effects people in hollywood should see this

StorminN

Quote from: pineywoods on February 23, 2009, 07:59:07 PMI need one of them !!!!!! Anybody got any idea where to find one of them high speed valves ? Got plenty of propane tanks...

Someone told me you could do it with a solenoid valve from an irrigation system... I've never messed with one, not sure...

-N.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

Smokey

reading through the old posts and just got a kick out of this one! smiley_turkey_dancing

Could you use something like a glow plug or propane blow torch for the ignition? teeter_totter

Smokey
Reality is just a figment of my Hallucination

bandmiller2

Geez,don't let the liberals see this we'll have sawdust control,and it will be declared a hazardous material.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

captain_crunch

My Mill is on bench on hillside and you could see that for miles :o :o Am thinking about mid nite on New Years. Wuold only shock Newcomers Oldtimers know me too well and would just coment <wonder what that Foster Kid is up to now> :) :) :) No Fun once people figure you out
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!